Nokia new advertising

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ha, that's a pretty sweet poster. But the thing is, when you buy a Nokia phone from AT&T it doesn't just come unlocked, you have to get it unlocked too. I would always order phones from overseas that were already unlocked to use them on the AT&T network.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Ha, that's a pretty sweet poster. But the thing is, when you buy a Nokia phone from AT&T it doesn't just come unlocked, you have to get it unlocked too. I would always order phones from overseas that were already unlocked to use them on the AT&T network.
some stores like bestbuy also sell unlocked phones, like my Samsung d900(which is for sale if someone would like to buy it, pm me ^_^)

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
The cost for me to get my Nokia 6230 phones firmware updated for a bluetooth fix was $99.00. And the phone is still locked. Don't get me wrong I love Nokia phones and adding apps via bluetooth was good. But firmware updates via iTunes is great.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Very slick and to the point, thats definitely got to be the thorn in Apple's side. I really hope it opens their eyes to the naivety of thinking they can lock the iPhone down.

Unfortunately, what OS is Nokia using now? If it's still Windows Mobile their ad should be reworded: "The best devices have limits"

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I think they are referring to another form of "unlock" which would otherwise be known as Jailbreak for the iPhone. What you are referring to is being able to use any SIM card, which from what I understand is perfectly legal once you've reached the end of your ATT contract. I have read ATT will even unlock it for you at that point.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think they are referring to another form of "unlock" which would otherwise be known as Jailbreak for the iPhone. What you are referring to is being able to use any SIM card, which from what I understand is perfectly legal once you've reached the end of your ATT contract. I have read ATT will even unlock it for you at that point.
Wow, if that's what AT&T will do at the end of the contract then I'm pretty impressed. I would just assume that AT&T would force you into another 2 year extension instead of letting you leave while rendering the iPhone inoperable.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, if that's what AT&T will do at the end of the contract then I'm pretty impressed. I would just assume that AT&T would force you into another 2 year extension instead of letting you leave while rendering the iPhone inoperable.
Well, here's the deal, my info comes from people who have done this with other branded phones, not an iPhone perse because well... we just haven't had them for two years yet to know if they'll unlock them also. Logic dictates this would be a resounding yes, but there in lies the problem of expecting Apple to follow the pack which history has shown they prefer zig.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
Very slick and to the point, thats definitely got to be the thorn in Apple's side. I really hope it opens their eyes to the naivety of thinking they can lock the iPhone down.

Unfortunately, what OS is Nokia using now? If it's still Windows Mobile their ad should be reworded: "The best devices have limits"

It's actually Symbian iirc so it's at least a bit more open than Windows Mobile but I don't know how open it is compared to say Linux.