Non-responsive iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by Jeff Clark, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Jeff Clark

Jeff Clark New Member

Hi, I hope that I am posting this in the right place.

My iPhone 3gs was completely dead with no response whatsoever regardless of what I did with the home and sleep buttons. My pc also would not recognize usb connection on iTunes. I thought that it might be a battery issue so I opened it up to check the voltage. The battery was 4.2 volts. Next I reassembled everything and after pressing the home and sleep buttons the Apple emblem appeared and after 3-4 minutes the icon screen once again appeared. Everything seemed to work okay. However the battery strength that was at 70% when it first came up diminished down to 30% after about two hours with no usage. When I try to charge it, it continued to drop and it felt warm to the touch. I once again opened it up removing all the connections and then reconnected all 7 connectors and I still experienced a rapid voltage drop. I have since taken it apart fearing that some damage could occur.

Any ideas?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Does iTunes recognize the device? I would suggest a restore but I don't think that would help. To be honest it sounds as if your battery is on it's way out... i.e pretty much useless. You can buy new iPhone batteries from eBay, if you're interested. :)

3. Jeff Clark

Jeff Clark New Member

Yes, I have ordered a battery. Hopefully that will fix it...