Non-skid edges

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JASmine

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
After using the iPhone for a week now, I've concluded that having a non-skid surface around the edges would make it much more comfortable to hold and less likely to slip out of my hand. I don't want a whole cover (like the incase ones) because they make it too hard to slip in and out of my pocket. However the shiny rounded corners of the iPhone make it slippery to hold. I've almost dropped it several times...
I'm thinking about buying one of the silicone ones and cutting the back out.
Any other ideas?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I totally agree...too slippery. I bought the InCase for this reason and yes, it's hard to get it into and out of my jeans pocket. It'd be nice if the InCase was just a ring around the phone instead of a whole case. Cutting the back out would be cool if I could make it look clean...just afraid I'd mess it up and be out $30.

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
I totally agree. This became apparent to me on day 2 of ownership. Sometimes I feel like it's going to slide out of my hand.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
yes, a perfect material would be the stuff that is on console joysticks. Its that really nice rubber feel that doesn't feel cheap, and gives great traction. Oh well.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
yes, a perfect material would be the stuff that is on console joysticks. Its that really nice rubber feel that doesn't feel cheap, and gives great traction. Oh well.
Yeah, was thinking they could have made the back out of something like that but then it wouldn't be as elegant. I wonder if a small tacky strip stuck to backside of the edges would be helpful. I think you can get stuff like that for Wii controllers.

JASmine

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
OK....how about using the invisi-shield stuff but only put it on a portion of the back and wrap it around up to the shiny metal edge on the top...basically where you hold it in your hand.?

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
It would look ghetto but you could try a large flat rubber band as long as you don't need to access the headphone jack... hell you could probably develop something like the donation rubber bands you get for giving to various causes... and make a few bucks ;)