None of the PNG files I make for Winterboard are working...

cococawaii

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Hi everyone.

I've tried to make many PNG files using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, but none of them seem to be viewable on my iPhone. I tried changing the wallpaper on mine (Wallpaper.png) and I know that I named it correctly and put it in the right folder, and it's the correct dimensions... For some reason, my image just isn't showing up and it reverts to the default black screen. When I put back the original wallpaper that came with my theme, it showed up again.

What's wrong with the images I'm making? I uploaded the wallpaper I tried to use...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really annoying.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hi everyone.

I've tried to make many PNG files using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, but none of them seem to be viewable on my iPhone. I tried changing the wallpaper on mine (Wallpaper.png) and I know that I named it correctly and put it in the right folder, and it's the correct dimensions... For some reason, my image just isn't showing up and it reverts to the default black screen. When I put back the original wallpaper that came with my theme, it showed up again.

What's wrong with the images I'm making? I uploaded the wallpaper I tried to use...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really annoying.

The only thing I can think of is that if it's a "bundled" theme, it might be making reference to the included wallpaper, and when you change it, it can no longer "see" what came with it.

...Of course I could just be talking outta my butt.

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
for winterboard themes, the folders for each theme you have downloaded are in /private/var/stash/Themes

then click on the folder of the theme you are using or wanting to replace the wallpaper/icons in.

I have fireworks CS3 and most of the png files will open up, so i can view them. That way i can see if i am replacing the correct files.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you just want to change the wallpaper, you can just sync it with all of your other photos, set it as your wallpaper (in settings), and check "user wallpaper" in winterboard.