Noob needs help with WinSCP

Aug 31, 2009
Hi i have heard nothing but good things about this site i just jail broke my iPhone and i want to install apps via Winscp on my 3g 3.0 iPhone but i just cant figure it out i have googled it youtube it and cant find anything that works can anyone help me out thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you considered just using iPhoneBrowser? It's free and gives you root access to your phone. It's just not wireless, you have to connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable.

Aug 31, 2009
I found a lot of cool app on a web site and i want to put on my iPhone.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Open Cydia and in the search type in SSH and download Automatic SSH and also Toggle SSH

Once thats done download WinSCP from Here

Once you have downloaded and installed it open the Program

Go onto your iPhone find the open the Toggle SSH Program and click Enable

Then on your iPhone go to Settings > Wi-Fi then click on your network and note down the IP Address.

Once you have got this open WinSCP and in the host name box type your IP address

In the username box type root and in the password box type alpine

Then press save then login and then it will come up with a warning about a key file just press yes

Then it will ask for a password just type in alpine then thats it your done.

Aug 31, 2009
RossMc and everyone else thanks for the reply's.RossMc I already got the iPhone to connect to winscp what i can't figure out is how to install app with winscp i found the folder where all the other app are and i put a new app in there it go's in fine and i reboot the phone and when it restart the app shows up and then when i start the app it just open's and then close's any ideas and thanks again for the reply

Aug 31, 2009
Games and utility app from sites like pdroms