noob needs some help.

Jan 23, 2009
Hello all,

Just got my iPhone 3G 16GB a couple a days ago and just jailbroke it last night. I did the jailbreak thing because I needed to teather to my laptop so I could do online work while traveling (when no WIFI is available). So I did the jailbreak and installed Cydia then installed PDAnet (what a sweet app). Anyway after doing this and playing with it a bit to be sure it worked I started looking through the apps available on Cydia. Since I am still getting used to using this phone I think I have downloaded a few apps I did not intend to (fat thumbs). I say I think because I am not really sure. When I go to 'Manage' from the Cydia home page, then go to packages, there is a list of ten apps (including PdaNet) shown in the page labeled 'Installed'. The only one of these I purposely downloaded is the PdaNet app. I know I can remove the other apps but I am not sure if any of them were installed as part of the Cydia install or the PdaNet install.

So here is my question can anyone tell me which apps I can remove given that I only (at this time) want the Cydia app and the PdaNet app.

Thanks,
Steve

lukeules

Nov 9, 2007
give a list of the apps that are there - you will probably need them though!

Jan 23, 2009
give a list of the apps that are there - you will probably need them though!
Ok here is the list of apps

1) BigBoss's Source
2) Cydia Community Sources
3) Cydia Installer
4) iPhone Firmware
5) iSpazio
6) ModMyi.com
7) PdaNet
8) Saurik's Source
9) Ste's Source
10) ZodTTD's Source

If I do in fact need these, can you tell me what they are for.

Thanks,
Steve

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Those are pre-installed by default Steve, don't remove them as a) Cydia and your phone might have problems, b) you will see less packages.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
No problem Steve, happy to help :)