Noob question on adding apps.

withaj

Jun 1, 2008
Hey there, new to the forum (and to the iPhone). Just got the phone itself two days ago and have not let it out of my hands since. Sorry if this is an overly asked question but after installing my first app (garf) I have been unable to download anymore. The "loading" symbol to the left of the time in the top corner is continuously circling and I cannot manage to download anymore apps without the Error: Package download failed! message arising. Now it says that I have one update to install but I have been told never to update an unlocked iPhone. In this case should I update? Or is there something else wrong aswell? Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Update: For the sake of curiosity I clicked the update but I still got the Error: Package download failed! message.

Anyone have any feedback?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
you should ask your question in the iPhone modifications forum. The guys that read that forum are the experts on jailbroken iPhones. This forum is for more general iPhone questions about the stock iPhone.

Good luck.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hey there, new to the forum (and to the iPhone). Just got the phone itself two days ago and have not let it out of my hands since. Sorry if this is an overly asked question but after installing my first app (garf) I have been unable to download anymore. The "loading" symbol to the left of the time in the top corner is continuously circling and I cannot manage to download anymore apps without the Error: Package download failed! message arising. Now it says that I have one update to install but I have been told never to update an unlocked iPhone. In this case should I update? Or is there something else wrong aswell? Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Update: For the sake of curiosity I clicked the update but I still got the Error: Package download failed! message.

Anyone have any feedback?
Click "install", then "add to queue". Go select another app (whatever app will do), click "install" again, and then click "clear queue". That's a common issue. You should be fine after that.