Noob Question!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hey Guys!

I want to get movies from my computer to my iPhone :)

I have so many films that I have downloaded that I can only view on my computer!
In windows it states that they are "video clips" and states no format. Which I found very strange!
I know a lot about iPhones and general computer geekery but this is something I have never ventured into!
So basically I want to put films onto my iPhone! How would I go about doing that?

Thanks

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Hey Guys!

I want to get movies from my computer to my iPhone :)

I have so many films that I have downloaded that I can only view on my computer!
In windows it states that they are "video clips" and states no format. Which I found very strange!
I know a lot about iPhones and general computer geekery but this is something I have never ventured into!
So basically I want to put films onto my iPhone! How would I go about doing that?

Thanks
I'm not sure what specific format they need to be in....I want to say .mp4, but I could be wrong. I use handbrake to convert my movies into the proper format (I do it straight from DVDs) and then put them into my iTunes. Then I sync them onto my iPhone.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
There are applications you can download which play .avi files, which is much easier than converting a movie, dragging it into iTunes then syncing it etc.

Download an app like VLC Player or OPlayer. When you've downloaded either of those apps, connect to the computer via USB, iTunes should automatically open, then click on your device in the left-hand column.

When you've clicked on the device you will see a few tabs across the top of iTunes saying info, apps etc. Click on the Apps tab.

When you've clicked on the Apps tab, scroll to the very bottom, you should see VLC or OPlayer (or whichever .avi player you downloaded), click on one of those, then hit the add button. You should now see a search window, look for the .avi movie and click add.

The movie should now sync to the device.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
There is no need for a guide. I'm not sure if VLC is still on the App Store, you may have to try CineXplayer instead.

Download the app, attach the USB cable to the phone and sync the device. With the phone plugged in, iTunes should be displayed, click on your device in the left hand column. Then click the applications tab that appears at the centre of the upper part of the screen. You will now see a screen which enables you to pick which apps you want to sync.

Scroll down to the bottom, you will see CineXplayer, click on it, then press the + button. A search window will appear, search for the .avi file you want to sync and press enter.

Let the device sync, launch the app on the device and you will see the .avi which you can watch straight away.