Nook

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
I was thinking about getting a Nook for reading out in the sun... The iPhone/ipad does not show up very well. Any thoughts ? Never had a Nook or a Kindle....

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have never used a Nook or a Kindle before, but I can tell you that all touch-screen devices I have used in the sun weren't very good for reading. I'm sure there are accessories you can buy in order to improve that experience, but I wouldn't know what exactly. Try doing a Google search, you might stumble upon something helpful.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
As long as you get one of the black and white e-ink ones. They are awesome in the sun. Just like reading paper. The color tablets will be hard to read.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Unfortunately they are not backlit so you will need some light source. They sell little clip on lights.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I personally use the awesome invention of a book and sunglasses when reading in the sun.
Technology is killing books. Nothing is better than the smell the feel the look of a good book.
:(

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I have to agree with Rugaby. If you own a iPhone or iPad, you won't probably like the kindle or nook. I hate the kindle. The way it's pages turn. The flash of on and off. The girl that sits next to me in lunch always has hers and it annoys the heck out of me! Done reading the page. Flashes off then on...

But, it's easier on the eyes!