NoSleep

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
In my quest to find cool apps to download for my laptop, I ran across this gem. This app has one purpose, to keep your laptop awake when you close the lid. This is perfect for when you are downloading large files or watching a 2 hour long movie. It runs in the background and you can activate it just with a click in the menu bar.

https://code.google.com/p/macosx-nosleep-extension/

Darrel

May 20, 2012
Hi, thanks for the info...

Does you LCD screen gets hot when you close the lid while downloading large amount of files or alike. (Might cause damage)

i use the caffeine app found on the mac appstore. And i don't totally close the lid while im downloading, just enough space between the keyboard and LCD to let the air flow or its just me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I don't close the lid, I just turn brightness off and it kills the light. The screen is still on but you can barely see it.

Darrel

May 20, 2012
I don't close the lid, I just turn brightness off and it kills the light. The screen is still on but you can barely see it.
This is what i do also. i totally turn off brightness and not totally close the lid.

What im trying to say is the topic starter's app. That LCD might get damaged if closing the lid with his new found app ;)