Not a good day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 27, 2007
This morning my iPhone spent 5 minutes in the washing machine before I realized what happened. It's getting a tan today in the California Sun drying out. Hopefully it will be OK. It's dead as we speak. If it does not start up tomorrow, I'll be taking a trip to the Apple store. I've had cell phones and iPods for year and never done something as stupid as this before.

:oops:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Dude, that sux! Ahhhman that's bad!

I've wash a many electronics in the washing machine in the past and they've always come to, but probably not $600 worth of electronics put together!

Hope everything worx out for ya man!

Good luck.

=/

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I read here in the forum about 2 weeks ago where someone was doing a wash and some how the phone fell out of his shirt pocket into the water.

He took it to Apple and they gave him a phone to use for $30 and charge him to repair his phone for $250.

If you do a search I am sure you can find it

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I read here in the forum about 2 weeks ago where someone was doing a wash and some how the phone fell out of his shirt pocket into the water.

He took it to Apple and they gave him a phone to use for $30 and charge him to repair his phone for $250.

If you do a search I am sure you can find it
I always question the "repair" abilities of any company in a case like this. It's a lot cheaper just to replace the unit (what is done with iPods) than fix a total-body damage. It would be interesting to keep track of serial numbers in case of "miracle" repairs.

Aug 27, 2007
My wife suggested that while I'm at the Apple store getting my iPhone fixed that I should buy a new iMac. However, she said that we need to purchase a bigger washing machine for the iMac to fit... LOL. :laugh2:

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
was the iPhone turned on while it was washing? If it was off should work fine if its totally dried out when you turn it back on. The only thing that could be a problem would be the LCD--once water get trapped in there its really hard to get out.

If it was on while it was washing though its not gonna matter. Your iPhone is dead if that's the case.

Aug 27, 2007
The iPhone was on when it went into the washer. It's dead. I called Apple and told them the truth. It is going to cost me $250 to fix it. Apple support said even if the iPhone can't be fixed, it will only cost me $250 for replacement.

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
This morning my iPhone spent 5 minutes in the washing machine before I realized what happened. It's getting a tan today in the California Sun drying out. Hopefully it will be OK. It's dead as we speak. If it does not start up tomorrow, I'll be taking a trip to the Apple store. I've had cell phones and iPods for year and never done something as stupid as this before.

:oops:
I've noticed that a lot of people have become very paranoid about their iPhones...i know i am. boyfriend is borrowing it tonight for the ipod...well, i'm so scared some ass will bump into him and it'll go flying...OH WELL! stuff happens. just be careful. not much you can do after that. if you can't afford the mistakes, maybe this phone is just not right for you.