Not able to change wallpaper in my iPhone

May 23, 2008
Hi,

Am not able to change the wallpaper of my iPhone. This is what i did:

- i installed "customize" software and was trying to change some system strings
- later i also installed "summerboard" and was trying to get the wallpaper as the background and disabled theme background.

After this, i just tried to change the wallpaper and its not changing. Its the same which I had before I installed these software.

If someone is aware of this issue, please help.

-Ravi

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Hi,

Am not able to change the wallpaper of my iPhone. This is what i did:

- i installed "customize" software and was trying to change some system strings
- later i also installed "summerboard" and was trying to get the wallpaper as the background and disabled theme background.

After this, i just tried to change the wallpaper and its not changing. Its the same which I had before I installed these software.

If someone is aware of this issue, please help.

-Ravi
Settings>General>Reset>Reset All settings

Worked for me when it happened.

May 23, 2008
But the person who helped me Jailbreak asked me not to reset at any point of time. He said if I do, then I might have to jailbreak again. Please advise.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
He probably meant do not RESTORE. It's when you plug the iPhone into iTunes and select restore, essentially erasing everything from the iPhone. By resetting all settings the Jailbreak will remain intact.

May 23, 2008
I just called me to ask if I can reset. He says if I do so, I will loose all my contents, meaning - contacts, sms, etc.. is this true? because, I do not have any backups as of now.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
No this is not true. He is misusing the word RESET and RESTORE.
It is fine to RESET.
RESET Also means pressing the home and sleep button, I'm Sure he does not have a problem with you doing that.

Your jailbreak WILL remain intact. Trust me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Resetting will simply reset your ringtone setting, screen brightness, etc. No data will be lost, at all.

- John

Apr 25, 2008
Wallpaper not changing!

HI

I have the same problem! i have reset the phone and deleted customize and smbprfs and reinstalled both but whenever i go into settings to change the wallpaper it remains the same as on the theme

i have tried everything i can think of! any help would be great!:laugh2:

thankss

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
that won`t fix the problem, if you erase all data and content from your iPhone it will fix the problem, or maybe you can delete via ssh the wallpaper that customozie set-up, i personally had to do a restore

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you guys also have to make sure you turn "Wallpaper" to "on".

Apr 25, 2008
It is switched on ive made sure of it ive turned it off and back on so many times but nothing.

Yeh my phone has been unlocked and im not to sure about how to jailbreak it again, if i restore thats what will happen yeah?

what exactly do i need to do with the ssh?

Thanks

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
acosmichippo that`s not the problem,this is happening since the new update of customize

Last edited by a moderator:
May 23, 2008
hey guys, thanks so much for all your help. I reset the phone and now am able to change the wallpaper. All my data (contacts, calendar, media) was in tact. Thanks again for your help.

May 23, 2008
I'm now having the same problem, how was this fixed?
go to
> settings
> general
> select reset

by doing this you will NOT loose any of your data viz., contacts, music, video, photos...

try and let me know if it works...

May 23, 2008
sorry, forgot to mention.. in the next screen after you select reset, select "Reset all settings"...

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
ok i try everything to i restore back to stock still cant change it then rest and still nothing stuck on the same one dang it help

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
i have restored my phone like 3 times in last week and still nothing which a buddy mine try change his and his never been hacked and he cant change his to