Not able to delete AOL email on my iPhone?

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Can anyone shed some light on the fact that I am unable to delete any mail from my iPhone from the account of AOL?

I have like 57 messages that I have read but when I click the delete button it tells me it is unable to move the message to the trash.

Anyone?

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
It might have something to do with your AOL account on your computer. Do you check your emails via your computer and iPhone? Where are the AOL emails on computer? In the inbox? deleted box?

It might not be able to move because they have already been moved by another source.

I have also seen some AOL users reporting similar problems.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It´s "funny" - I can´t delete my spam mails on my normal account (on the iPhone) - that´s because they are moved automatic to a "Spam mail" folder when arrived on the mail server - but I can still see them on my iPhone when I get new mails. When I delete the Spam mails on my computer, and then reopen the iPhone mail application - they are gone like magic wind...

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
This problem has been discussed here before. What I did was delete my email account on my iPhone, rebooted, reinstalled my email account waited a couple of hours and for some reason I was able to delete my incoming email. I cant say this is going to work for everyone but it worked for me.

Hope this helps

Dave

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
From iPhonealley.com. See if it helps.

Other users have experienced trouble trying to delete email from certain accounts, especially AOL. A simple fix is goign to Settings > Mail > Contacts > Calendars > (Your account name) > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox and selecting "On My iPhone" Trash for POP or "On the Server" for IMAP.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Sorry for hi-jacking the tread but it's really frustrating to download a picture from your email to your iPhone and when you view in your "camera roll" it's blurry. Whats up with that?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sorry for hi-jacking the tread but it's really frustrating to download a picture from your email to your iPhone and when you view in your "camera roll" it's blurry. Whats up with that?
Another apparent flaw in 2.2. It has been discussed before and hopefully will be fixed in a future update.
The sooner the better.:mad:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It had to be the 2.2 firmware! I have read somewhere users with new firmwares having this problem...anyone here?