Not able to download apps after 1.1.3 JB

Sep 29, 2007
I am not able to download any apps via installer after the 1.1.3 period. I was able to download community sources and then I attempted to download Boss Tool to free up space as I was told that would help but whenever I download it I get "Main Execution Error".

How do I fix this?

I also unsynced all my photos and I have over 2GB of room on Media file but still won't work.

I have 229.9mb of other and I am guessing I am only allowed to have 230mb so how can I get rid of data? I am removing texts right now to see if that will help and ill erase history in Safari.

That didn't work also notice this its really weird. I am able to download community sources but whenever I download something it says error and I click home and then it locks my phone and I unlock it and I go back to installer and community sources is gone?

Edit: Was able to remove 1.9mb and still I get an execution error when downloading BSD Subsystems or BossTool. I was able to download the remove 300mb image and uninstall it but it didn't work.

Sep 29, 2007
Can someone please help. I usually don't bump my threads but I do not know what to do with this at all. After 31 restores another restore does't sound appealing to me.

I also tried re-installing app tapp and I got an error also.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but did you update your Installer before upgrading to 1.1.3?

I have read on MMI that there is a serious problem if you do not update Installer to at least the v3.0b10 before upgrading to 1.1.3, installer will not work, i.e. it will not install any applications.

Here is a fix, read the thread through for more info

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25759

Otherwise, here's a direct link

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30601

Just SSH the latest installer onto the phone and you're golden.

Sep 29, 2007
Well me restoring all these times didn't think I'd need SSH until I got to 1.1.3. So I guess ill restore again later tonight when I get home. Thanks anyway.

jlivengo

Sep 8, 2007
Well me restoring all these times didn't think I'd need SSH until I got to 1.1.3. So I guess ill restore again later tonight when I get home. Thanks anyway.

I had a similar problem. Try to refresh your sources in the installer. Once I did that it asked if I would like to update the installer, yes. Everthything works now except my ringtones. Another issue I'm having is any music or ringtones purchased from iTunes won't work. Go figure.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Oh man, sorry you don't have SSH installed, but you can get around that without restoring.

Look for the older 1.1.1 jailbreak package, or 1.0.2 package. Both should have an installer for Dropbear SSH through a bat file. This will isntall SSH onto your phone without needing isntaller.

It's seriously worth a shot if you're already planning on restoring, I mean it's not like you can break it any more right?

Sep 29, 2007
It seems as if a restore is my only hope. I don't think you guys understand. I cannot due anything. I try to reinstall Installer and I get an error, I try to download a 164kb file and get an error.

I guess ill try again.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I don't think you understand that we understand.

You've got an old installer and no ssh. :(

The old installer doesn't work in 1.1.3, it wont actually install anything. You can't update installer because you have on ssh. we got it.

The fix is to dock your iPhone and run the dropbearkit ssh installer. IT WILL INSTALL SSH, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

lol

Here's a page with the instructions on how to Install SSH to the iPhone using iPhone Interface Utility. Its all command line stuff, so if you're comfortable with that its pretty easy to do. I mean just copy paste what you see on that page and you're golden.

Otherwise, you may be in need of a restore and starting over. At least it will be easier this time around ;)