Not able to save music from old Mac, can I transfer music to new computer from iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vadisrad

Aug 24, 2007
Just got a new Mac.... I wasn't able to save all my iTunes files from my old Mac & was wondering if I sync up my iPhone w/the new Mac if there's some way of transferring them over to iTunes? helllllpppppp!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Nope. Transfering music is a one way street. The only exception is songs you purchased on iTunes wi-fi. They do transfer from the iPhone to the computer.

There are some programs that do this for an ipod (ipodrip from littleappfactory.com) but I have not seen an iPhone version yet.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Any songs you purchased from the iTunes store (either on the iPhone or on your old computer and synced to the iPhone), will transfer. Once you authorize your new machine iTunes will tell you it found purchased music and ask if you would like to transfer it to the computer. Any other music you will have to copy over using a third party tool. There are ones that exist for the iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
In my case, when an iPhone or iPod is connected that h as music on it that iTunes does not, iTunes asks if I want to transfer over the music.