Not all YouTube videos show up on iPhone YouTube

1. JWiPhone Evangelist Gold

I have this problem where I cannot view certain YouTube videos on my iPhone and yet they show up on my desktop computer. I tried to email them to myself but when opening up the link on my iPhone it says 'could not load movie'. I thought any YouTube video I can view on my computer I could view on the iPhone YouTube.

2. monkeysrock0622 Zealot Gold

Are these videos relatively new to YouTube? because sometimes it takes a little while to make them iPhone compatible. It shouldn't take more than a couple days after being posted.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

I've noticed the same thing actually, my mate posts some
    stupid video's on YouTube. He will send me the link and I won't be able to view it - until I get to a desktop. It's kind of annoying, but as I don't use YouTube that much, I won't lose sleep over it :)

5. JWiPhone Evangelist Gold

Actually the message I get on my iPhone is: 'Could not load movie'. These are older videos, posted last September and some over 2 years ago.

6. iNinja Zealot Gold

Some videos arent compatible on the iPhone AFAIK.

7. smf98aggie Member Bronze

I'm now getting a popup when I try to see any videos on YouTube that says "server not configured correctly". What does that mean? It's happening on my phone and ipod.