Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
That article is BS, my account says i'm eligible for upgrade online and I bought my iPhone the week it was released and sold it about a month ago.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
Have you inserted your SIM card into another phone and the online account thing is showing its not an iPhone?
yes im currently using my old nokia 8800 how can they know this bs... im still paying for the iPhone data plan and everything..
how do i check online for what im not sure do i have an account online.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
That article is BS, my account says i'm eligible for upgrade online and I bought my iPhone the week it was released and sold it about a month ago.
the article says that at t has a way to tell if youve been using an iPhone and even tho it says your eligible online they can still look and see your not using an iPhone and determine if your REALLY eligible at the store. thats if this storys true. i hope not :(

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
yes im currently using my old nokia 8800 how can they know this bs... im still paying for the iPhone data plan and everything..
how do i check online for what im not sure do i have an account online.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
WOO go back to gizmodo they crossed everything out and said its all wrong! you are still eligible

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah as long as you didn't pay the subsidized price for a new phone after selling your iPhone then you are good to get the new iPhone 3G subsidized prices.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah as long as you didn't pay the subsidized price for a new phone after selling your iPhone then you are good to get the new iPhone 3G subsidized prices.
Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a quick question.

I bought a phone a few months ago for full retail price, because I wasn't due for an upgrade. Now I'm using the iPhone again with an iPhone data plan. I have been for a month or two now. So the phone I got wasn't subsidized right?
So I should be okay for the $299 price?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a quick question.

I bought a phone a few months ago for full retail price, because I wasn't due for an upgrade. Now I'm using the iPhone again with an iPhone data plan. I have been for a month or two now. So the phone I got wasn't subsidized right?
So I should be okay for the $299 price?
To my knowledge and understanding as long as you paid FULL PRICE for the new phone then you are in fact eligible for the subsidized price of $299.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
To my knowledge and understanding as long as you paid FULL PRICE for the new phone then you are in fact eligible for the subsidized price of $299.
Oh okay. Thanks.
I think you're right.
And full price means retail, not 2 year contract price or anything right?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i think this story is bs, why would att care if you really used an iPhone, as long as you've been paying for it they shouldn't care what temporary phone you use

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i think this story is bs, why would att care if you really used an iPhone, as long as you've been paying for it they shouldn't care what temporary phone you use
I agree. They should only care whether or not you're paying for the data plan every month.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
you don't know how happy i am to hear that :laugh2:
I saw you pressed the THANKS button... and that too so quickly.. I could make it out how happy you are by this..
I was lucky that i read the updated article at first place as I was out studying... otherwise the previous news would have really pissed me off....

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I saw you pressed the THANKS button... and that too so quickly.. I could make it out how happy you are by this..
I was lucky that i read the updated article at first place as I was out studying... otherwise the previous news would have really pissed me off....
hey when a thanks is owed you have to give it lol