Not fully charging, should I contact Apple Store?

raymat86

Jul 17, 2007
Sorry if this has been addressed but I was just wondering about my battery. If seems like it never gets fully charged and ever since the first day my usage stats have just been accumilating, never once have they reset. Should I just wait for the software update or go to the local Apple store?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Sorry if this has been addressed but I was just wondering about my battery. If seems like it never gets fully charged and ever since the first day my usage stats have just been accumilating, never once have they reset. Should I just wait for the software update or go to the local Apple store?
Welcome to EiP!

You can remove and replace the phone from it's charging dock and it will usually completely charge. It won't reset the usage stats until it gets completely charged.

Whichever way you're charging it, you should switch. If you're charging it from your computer's USB, then try charging it from your power adapter. Not sure why some phones have this problem, but sometimes these changes will help.

Good luck!

raymat86

Jul 17, 2007
Welcome to EiP!

You can remove and replace the phone from it's charging dock and it will usually completely charge. It won't reset the usage stats until it gets completely charged.

Whichever way you're charging it, you should switch. If you're charging it from your computer's USB, then try charging it from your power adapter. Not sure why some phones have this problem, but sometimes these changes will help.

Good luck!
Yeah I've tried doing all of that. Nothing seems to work for me, it never gets fully charged. i guess I'll just wait for the first update...