Not happy with AT&T, phone not coming on Friday

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Just got off the phone with AT&T. I placed my order on last Friday. It still has not been shipped and they say my order is in "processing" and waiting for a phone to become available. She also says the shipping is marked for 2 day, not next day. And she says there was never any guarantee of getting the phone on Friday. This doesn't really sound like what was represented at order time.

notjustgc

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
What support number did you use? And what options did you select? Try 866-391-0749 and let us know what that system tells you, for comparison.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Ha ha, it says my order will be processed by the end of the next businesss day. So by the end of tomorrow. Grrrrrrrreeeeeaaaaat!:rolleyes:

Haven't decided yet, but I may just pop into the Apple store Friday afternoon and see if they have phones left and no lines. I think that's a distinct possibility. I have a feeling people who ordered from Apple are going to be pwning AT&T orderers on receiving their phone's first.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I just called that number and it said it will ship by the end of the next businesss day. It better ship by the end of today or I'm canceling and going to the Apple store tomorrow!

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I just called that number and it said it will ship by the end of the next businesss day. It better ship by the end of today or I'm canceling and going to the Apple store tomorrow!
Yeah, but even if it ships today, you won't get it until Monday. And all your cool friends that ordered from Apple with have their phones this weekend and they'll be laughing at you. And you'll get mad, and drunk, and run your car off a bridge, into a school bus full of children, causing a landslide, into a nuclear power plant, triggering a global thermonuclear war, which will cause the Earth to crash into the Sun, which becomes a black hole and collapses the whole universe into it. It gets worse after that.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
i just got off the phone from checking my order that was placed on 6/9, and its still being processed, and shipped out the next businesss day, F that ****, im calling best buy when they open

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
This is what everyone is being told. Please read my post in the other AT&T thread and see what they are doing. Most AT&T people will get them tomorrow. However some may have to wait until Saturday or Monday.

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
This is what everyone is being told. Please read my post in the other AT&T thread and see what they are doing. Most AT&T people will get them tomorrow. However some may have to wait until Saturday or Monday.
I bet this situation is similar to the Apple.com order situation. I'd put money on whether or not you get your phone tomorrow having more to do with how close you live to a distribution center than when you ordered.

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
My ordered said "processing", "backordered", "will ship end of next businesss day" up until a few hours ago. Now I have a FedEx tracking number... The phone is coming from Texas (if anyone is wondering).

gogoplata1980

Bronze
May 6, 2009
Cleburne, TX.
My ordered said "processing", "backordered", "will ship end of next businesss day" up until a few hours ago. Now I have a FedEx tracking number... The phone is coming from Texas (if anyone is wondering).
Yeah, it sucks. I'm in Texas and may not get my phone even though it's probably about 30 miles from me.

Gothgothpunk

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
i ordered my phone from Apple on the 16th(well i was almost the 17th) and i just got an e-mail this morning that the item shipped and it said that it will come on the 22nd(monday) but i just checked on the fed-ex page and it tells me that it will be here the 19th at around 3pm (im guessing EST since thats my time here)

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, but even if it ships today, you won't get it until Monday. And all your cool friends that ordered from Apple with have their phones this weekend and they'll be laughing at you. And you'll get mad, and drunk, and run your car off a bridge, into a school bus full of children, causing a landslide, into a nuclear power plant, triggering a global thermonuclear war, which will cause the Earth to crash into the Sun, which becomes a black hole and collapses the whole universe into it. It gets worse after that.
well I hope that I enjoy my new iPhone this weekend before the apocalypse!

TMass518

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
Well...I've already got the $69.45 from bing for buying a iPhone in my cashback account so while I ordered early on the 14th (it doesn't say back ordered) hopefully I'll get mine sometime next week. Or is the AT&T order information system just totally whacked for us receiving them at home? Well I'll let you guys break in the phone set-up and activation and tell me what to do......when I finally get it. The voice order check number says mine will shipp end of the next businesss day; should I believe that?

TMass518

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
Wait until tomorrow when everyone else is playing with their iPhones...I'll be by myself posting

tate

Bronze
Jun 6, 2009

Dude that's deep....LOL! :laugh2:

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Same thing. I ordered on the 12th and it still hasn't shipped, just processing.
I am pissed, I guess ill try Best Buy and ATT store tomorrow.

Would i just be able to sell the one from ATT on eBay when i get it? I see that the 3gs are selling for over 600.

hitnrun

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Northern California
I ordered from Apple.com on Jun 8. My tracking number says the phone is in Louisville, KY. It has been there for over 24 hours. I am in Northern CA. I ordered first thing on Jun 8. I got an email yesterday from Apple saying Jun 22 delivery at the latest. I wonder what the point of paying up front and early in the pre release process was if people standing in line tomorrow, who paid nothing, get the phone before I do. I could've done that just as easily. If they weren't going to release ALL the phones from the various order methods at the same time, they should have stated that. It's not like it has to be this complicated, unless you are purposely trying to piss folks off.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I ordered from Apple.com on Jun 8. My tracking number says the phone is in Louisville, KY. It has been there for over 24 hours. I am in Northern CA. I ordered first thing on Jun 8. I got an email yesterday from Apple saying Jun 22 delivery at the latest. I wonder what the point of paying up front and early in the pre release process was if people standing in line tomorrow, who paid nothing, get the phone before I do. I could've done that just as easily. If they weren't going to release ALL the phones from the various order methods at the same time, they should have stated that. It's not like it has to be this complicated, unless you are purposely trying to piss folks off.
I am assuming your phone is coming by UPS. I think UPS screwed things up for Apple with all their delivery dates of 6/17 and 6/18. I think they simply stopped updating their tracking data, heck it's possible the additional strain put on their tracking servers by iPhone buyers totally screwed them. I know this is cold comfort, but I'd be willing to bet your phone is delivered to your door tomorrow.

Have you called Apple to see what gives?