Not impressed with iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad 4' started by IllusionEntity, Oct 23, 2012.

1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I think Apple are getting desperate to push out new devices now. The only change is the processor, facetime camera and the lightning port. And a 6 Month life cycle? What a joke. If you have an iPad 3 you would be really stupid if you upgraded. Just saying'.

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

And the iPad 3 has been taken off market? -_-

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Processor and camera are not small upgrades, especially if you didn't buy the iPad 3.

4. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

put did it get lighter? I need no more speed(I know speed is always good). I have never used my camera on my iPads.

I love my iPad3. I will wait for an upgrade at a later date.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My understanding is that it's the same design, weight -- just upgraded internals.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think they wanted to get all three (iPhone, iPod, iPad) on track for annual Oct-Nov launches. They moved the iPhones there with the 4S last fall. The iPod Touch has always been there. It's the perfect time of year to increase sales (Christmas gifts). The iPhone had to go 15 months (4 -> 4S) without an update to get it moved to that spot, and it just worked out where the iPad went 7 to get it there. Probably better than going almost two years (March '12 to Nov '13). That's an eternity in the tech world. Should be 11-13 months from here on out.

7. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I don't have the ipad 3 so Im interested. What is the talk about the cable usb/sd? Is that still just going to read pics and videos only?

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

OH WOW! HAPPY DAY! It's WAAAAY sooner than I expected, but, here I go. I'm sure they'll sell out of the preorders lightning fast! I'll go for the second round. I think I'm in.

9. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm upgrading for sure and it has nothing to do with minor updates. It has to do with resell value. I use the money from the older model to pay for the newer model. If I wait to sell it will be 2 generations old and I 'll get way less for it, making the newer one cost me more. So it's actually a smart move.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

11. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

There are no guarantees. If an Android tablet pushes the envelop around Christmas or early spring I believe that may just force Apple's hand to push out another model next April or May. My opinion.

12. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I think this is completely off the mark. You forget that Apple has shareholders to answer to. They need to stagger product releases throughout the year to meet sales goals for every quarter. Trust me when I say that they understand that most people can't buy all these new shiny devices at once. My guess is that we will see a new iPhone in June-July to get it back on track. The only reason it was pushed back is because the tsunami slowed production. No new nano or iPod touch next year and a refresh of the iPad and mini in October along side of the iTV or whatever they decide to call the damn thing.

13. snowtrooper1966

Gold

If you don't think the changes are reason enough for you to upgrade, that's fine. You are entitled to that...

Calling folks "stupid" for what they see as a valid reason is, well, stupid....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Some people just have to complain about everything I guess.

15. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

If you have an iPad 3 now I wouldn't call them stupid for upgrading I mean it's still an upgrade and its the latest version you can always sell the iPad 3 which depends on the condition might entitle you to loose roughly $75-150 but you'll still get decent money out of it.

16. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Is Apple on something? This is insane! No...this is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

17. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

This is the first recent Apple event, I am not excited about. Its nice the speed bump and cameras on the iPad3, but no weight reduction and thinner design I will pass since I have iPad3.
    I think for many it is a nice upgrade, I love the retina display.

iPad mini IMHO, needs to bee seen how the screen looks compared to iPad3. For me it is not a must, I admit smaller and lighter is tempting. I will ask the wife if she wants it.

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I believe that also a new iPhone Spring or early summer like an iPhone 5s
    and then for Holiday upgrade iPads.

19. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

To be honest I was expecting the iPad to get a slight refresh with the lightning connector, but I guess if they had the extra hardware from the iPhone 5 to tweak and use why not? I've only had my 3rd gen for a few months and its basically just a web browser for me. No need for the upgrade. iPad and iPad 2 owners get an early surprise though!

20. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Mini is not retina display, so look at an ipad2 and there ya have it.
    Well cover 2" and you'll have the mini. Lol