Not jailbroken - blank icons...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Morning all -

Does anyone know of a software for blank spaces/icons on an iPhone? But, this iPhone is NOT jailbroken.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can't add any blank icons (blank spaces) unless you jailbreak.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I don't understand why Apple have to be so mean!

I guess I'm just use to 'hacking' my BlackBerry to death; honestly, Apple...

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Agreed Up1oad. There isn't an app for that! Not that it helps now Navi but maybe you could post it in the Dev thread. Could be a future app in the making.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Thus far, when I did jailbrake I wasn't too impressed with it. Cydia was sluggish, and at times would lock up my device.

I may jailbrake again shortly, but I really don't see what the big deal is, except for Themes.

I just don't understand why Apple won't allow out of box items to have/install themes? Gosh...

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I think you would be pleased with the ease of jailbreak on the 3GS. I hated the lag on my 3G too. No such issues on the 3GS. I think you can still create that problem with inconsistent programs though. I stay away from theming, not really interested in it. I stick with the tried and true progs. The ONLY lag I have noticed and it is very slight, is when I press the home button to awake the device. I have mQuickdo so I guess it take a teeny bit more time to open the lock screen. Otherwise no lag at all.
Apps loaded currently:
Intelliscreen
mCleaner
mQuickdo
Backgrounder
Tlert
FontSwap (haven't used it yet)

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
^^^+1 Much better on 3GS vs.3G. I was beta testing 3.1 and I went back to 3.0 so that I could jailbreak because there were a few things I missed like SBSettings, Instelliscreen, 5iconDock, HapticPro and Tlert...All great apps, IMO, that run great on the 3GS. I stay away from Winterboard as I've never been big on "theming" anyways.