Not ready to give up jailbreak for iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kriss, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I tried to convince myself to upgrade to the new OS but I can't bring myself to get rid of my beautiful jailbroken screen on my iPhone 5. Those hideous large icons and pastel colors just don't make my phone pretty. I love the fact that my icons are small because I can shrink them. I love the way I can have spaces between my icons. I love how I can transition my pages by "rolling" them. All of that is lost with the new OS. I'm not even mentioning the apps which only a jailbroken iPhone can use. It's strictly aesthetics for me at this point but nothing has lured me away from my jailbreak. Just saying..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Stay put, I'm hoping the Devs will get a jailbreak out soon. I upgraded to iOS 7 and like you, I dislike the colors and design (mainly folders not being translucent).

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Thanks for the reassure. I'm thinking it will be a while.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

If past experience is a predictor, I'd say at least 6 months, maybe more for the 5s which I ordered.

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Yeah. At least. I'm not eligible for the upgrade yet but even if I was, I won't upgrade until they do something considerable and innovative to it. (I just bought the Galaxy S4 as my second phone and I'm loving that)

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The jailbreaks for the new phones took about four months the past two years. That's the longest they've ever taken. Hopefully the next one doesn't take longer.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I was taking into account the A7, 64bit and new iOS but yes, I hope it's sooner than my 6 month prediction.

8. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I too miss my jailbreak. I just cannot get used to the look of iOS 7. But like every year upgrading to the new iPhone. I'll just grin and bear it until the jailbreak is released.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Colors don't matter. :D

I kid.

10. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

I just did a google search. Not sure how legit this is, but I want to activate my phone and I need a hotspot. Just don't want to lose my unlimited data on AT&T and only need the hotspot a couple times a month, so my jailbroken 4s works perfect to gain email access the couple times a month I need it using tetherme.

Does this seem legit for IOS7?

http://7jailbreak.com/

Another site that mentions a couple other options that you have to pay for?

http://www.theios7jailbreaker.com/top-ios-7-jailbreaks/

Only other thing I can think of is adding a line to my account and activating my 4s and paying for the $20 data plan for a month and cancel it. Hate doing that though.

11. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I gave up my JB because my phone was becoming unstable. I got lazy and didn't test tweak compatibility. I really like iOS 7. My phone doesn't crash anymore. Only tweak I miss is tethering.

12. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I gave up mine as well. I've been jailbreaking ever since the first iPhone and I think I'm done for good. I'm kind of tired of the cat and mouse game between Apple and the dev team. I'm really only missing my tether that I used once in a while and BiteSMS.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have gotten tired of the "cat and mouse game" as you said between Apple and the dev team. It is tough for me to wait for a Jailbreak program to be fully released, but I am just not willing to give up my jailbreak.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's been a cat and mouse game since 2007. The only difference now is it takes longer for the jailbreaks. I'm not going to stop altogether just because I have to wait longer.

15. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I have been running stock iOS for a while now, through choice.....and really enjoying it, when the next jailbreak comes along I will jailbreak, not worried when that will happen...far to many important things happening around me to worry about jailbreaks....

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was just thinking about how the new Find My iPhone enhancement that results in an inability to restore without first disabling it makes jailbreaking less appealing. If you get stuck at the the boot logo or get into an infinite boot loop, you will not be able to restore (if Find My iPhone is enabled) - even in DFU mode. You could take it to Apple if it's under warranty, but they can tell it's jailbroken and it's possible, though unlikely, that they wouldn't replace it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Not sure I totally understand this?

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'll simplify that. If Find My iPhone is turned on, you can't restore without first turning it off. If something goes wrong with jailbreaking and you can't get into the phone you have to restore. Find My iPhone will prevent you from being able to restore.

19. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

DFU mode should overcome this.....?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nope. I tested it. I still had to go into settings on the phone to disable Find My iPhone.