Not receiving email...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XrayeyeS, Oct 6, 2012.

1. XrayeyeS

XrayeyeS New Member

Im not receiving emails until hours after they are sent to me. Anyone care to share what they have their settings set at to receive in a timely fashion? Or if anyone else having issues?

I appreciate it, thanks!

-DB

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I have mine set for 15 minutes. You can also check for mail anytime by simply opening the mail app. Every time you open the mail app it automatically checks for mail

3. XrayeyeS

XrayeyeS New Member

Yes, it should check for email as you stated, and yes it does. But email won't push over. I checked on my comp on yahoo and it will show new incoming mail, but it won't appear on my phone until hours after. Any thoughts?

4. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have had the same exact problem with my yahoo account for several days in a row now. It's very annoying that it has been so unreliable. My
    device is an iPod touch running iOS 6. I go into the email app and I don't get any error messages but I'm not getting the email because when I go on my computer and look at yahoo email's website I see I have gotten mail. The mail app checks for
    mail just like normal and says that it checked mail at whatever time I last looked at the mail app.

5. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

6. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have a question, I have notes hooked up to my yahoo account and when I click delete the account the account, it tells me the notes will be deleted. When I put my yahoo account back will the notes redownload to my ipod? Because I really want to keep all of my notes that are on my yahoo account.

7. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I don't use yahoo, I really don't know. In most cases the notes would come back in again as long as they have not been deleted directly at the yahoo server.

8. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

If you have Yahoo notes you want to preserve, your best bet is to copy/paste them into emails (several notes per email) and send them to yourself. A GMail account would probably be ideal for this.

9. Mustangman210

Mustangman210 Member
    Bronze

Had problem there if its yahoo like mine you have to first log into the main site then redo your password on your iPhone 5 only yahoo seems to have this glitch.or yahoo just picks random people to pick on?

10. XrayeyeS

XrayeyeS New Member

11. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Hey XrayeyeS be sure post if it works, then maybe I'll just bite bullet and let my mostly unimportant notes go away.

12. XrayeyeS

XrayeyeS New Member

So I deleted the yahoo account and reinstalled. Now about half of the emails are being received w/o issue. But it's not entirely fixed. It is better tho. So maybe take a picture of those notes before deleting the account.

Thx

13. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Thanks, when I woke up this morning I found I had received mail from yesterday and even gotten some mail pushed to my inbox this morning. So it seems to be working but if it acts up again I've resigned myself to the fact that to fix it I'll delete the account and will definitely not be syncing notes anymore.