Not receiving WiFi signal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 7, 2007
I was getting signal in my house the first day(Thursday), but now I'm only able to get on the Edge network. My router isn't locked so I don't need any sort of password to get into it. Any suggestions?

nickingrao

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Central CA
As a troubleshooting method you could try going to an area to access another (outside) WIFI network. Maybe also try reseting your router or accessing it from another mobile or WIFI device.

nickingrao

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Central CA
I've had my iPhone since launch and have not had any problems with WIFI as of yet. The only time I get a "Server Error" is when a garbled address gets entered.

Sir Newf

Jul 2, 2007
Had the same problem at my families house after 3 days of working fine...Turned out I needed a new SIM card, which I got (for no charge of course) at AT&T and installed at Apple Store (both were next to each other in the mall)....just an idea...

Jul 7, 2007
When I was at a friends house today it worked perfect there, but for some reason the WiFi at my house is not connecting(actually it does have the check next to it, but it's just not dialing in or whatever).

Actually, I noticed it turns on when I make a call from my house, but when I end a call it goes back to EDGE. Can't figure it out, anyone have a similar problem with a possible solution? Edge blows, WiFi makes things so much easier.

Jul 7, 2007
So I unplugged my router and then I wasn't able to get onto the internet from my computer, so I had to call Lynksys to reset my IP. I have a pw set on it now and I typed it into the iPhone when it detected the router, but I'm still not getting WiFi on it and it has full signal in the settings. This is so freakin frustrating