not sending texts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
i have a problem, i can receive texts from my friend, but then when i reply to them, she doesn't get the message.... ive tried clearing the convo, restarting the phone..... whats wrong?

she has tmobile.

btw, i know my phone is still working, becasue i can text several other people

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
i have a problem, i can receive texts from my friend, but then when i reply to them, she doesn't get the message.... ive tried clearing the convo, restarting the phone..... whats wrong?

she has tmobile.

btw, i know my phone is still working, becasue i can text several other people
Could be a network thing. Sometimes I can't send to Verizon; everything appears ok, but does not ever come up on the other phone. Other times it works flawlessly.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Do any of you have a Ported number? (number that was originally from whatever carrier then brought to AT&T) Either way i would call both carriers and report the issue. If you have a ported number the Routing tables at the carriers may just need to be updated because the routing tables may still have all the SMS traffic pointed to the old carrier.
Either way, again, I would report this to both carriers, You reporting it to AT&T, and the other person reporting it to their carrier. After that stay on them about it, call every 2 days or so until they get it fixed. And don't take " its on the otherside, there's nothing we can do" as a answer. If it is on the other side, and you're persistent about it, AT&T will get ahold of the other carrier to resolve the issue if you push enough, just to get you off their back.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
My number is ported, but if it were a routing table problem, I would expect my trouble to be more consistent. It may answer the OP's issue, though.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's a network issue.

Go with Redofr's solution. Call both carriers and report. Keep calling them until it's fixed. I've had enough guff from AT&T and by now I know that any issue they receive from a customer goes to the back of their to-do list.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I had this exact thing happen when I first got my phone. It turned out that Verizon who had the number before I got it didn't port it out correctly. I ended up having AT&T change my number and have no problems since. I didn't want to fight with Verizon to fix it and since it was brand new AT&T waived the number change fee for me. You probably don't want to change your number so I recommend you do as Redofr suggests and start pressing for them to fix it.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Unfortunately this is typical when porting phones. Dobson(cellular one) is the worst one of them... They have a tendency of after porting your number out, the number is still active in their switch which causes all sorts of problems. You are most likely having problems from people trying to SMS(text) you from your old carrier.

I would deffinately report it, but if your friend is the one that cant SMS you, He/she deffinately wants to raise a ***** with that carrier until they fix it, but I would try to tackle it from both sides.