Not sensing my touch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chameleon

May 31, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a 4g ipod touch. The screen works fine, all the buttons work. But it wont sense my touch when I touch the screen. The only time it works is when I'm sliding the power off slide. I've already restored it several times. What else should I try?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have a 4g ipod touch. The screen works fine, all the buttons work. But it wont sense my touch when I touch the screen. The only time it works is when I'm sliding the power off slide. I've already restored it several times. What else should I try?
We are going to need more information. Was the iPod damaged in any sort of way? Did it get wet? I am reading online that there have been issues like this one where the buttons work but the screen is unresponsive. I am seeing people replace the screens themselves, which I do not recommend.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm thinking it may have gotten wet. I left it on the counter while I showered. Could humidity be an issue?
Humidity is not a huge issue, but it can play a factor in the device to stop working for a little while until it cools down. If you got it wet and didn't dry it off properly or water got under screen, that could be why it's unresponsive. Do you have a case on it?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
yes i always have a case on it. I guess water could have gotten in it. It was next to the sink (counter space wasn't that big anyway).
Unfortunately, even with a good case on any device, water can get into it. If you clean it fast it may not affect it. I had that issue once, but cleaned it real quick.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Since its still under warranty, ill take it to theApple store, see if they will replace for me. I recently had my screen replaced..so probably not
I'm not sure, but I think the warranty only covers hardware issues. I think with laptops you can buy an extra warranty that covers accidental spill. But definitely go to the Apple Store since it's still under warranty. :)