Not sure about Bluetooth phone connecting.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Hey everyone I'm a new member here and I'm wondering if it's normal that my iPhone can't connect to any other bluetooth phone. My friend, who has a Nokia N80, turned on his BT and I turned mine on and on his screen my iPhone's name appeared under the "Devices" list, but my iPhone just kept searching for devices. So I decided that I'll try it out on another phone when I get home and so when I did get home, I got a hold of my old Sony Ericsson w810i and turned on its BT. Once again, it could see my iPhone as a device, but my iPhone couldn't see the w810i. However, I clicked on my iPhone from the ericcson and sent one of those pin things so that both devices could be "connected" and my iPhone did ask me to input a pin number then, and I punched in the same one, as you would for normal phone BT pairing. And so when I typed in the pin, the w810i then seemed to show up under my "Devices" list as "Mobile Phone", but as soon as I went back to the setting menu and back again the the bluetooth menu, it wouldn't show up on my devices list anymore, though my iPhone was still on the ericcson's device list.

So, basically, from some other posts, I'm guessing BT phones won't connect to the iPhone via Bluetooth. I am very happy about my iPhone and I think it's the best device I've ever owned, but it does somewhat irritate me that the iPhone doesn't have some very simple features that are common in almost all other phones, even the free ones that come with plans now-a-days. I could deal without MMS, custom rigntones, and all that stuff that people have been complaining about, but stuff like Bluetooth has to work to its fullest capacity. I truly hope Apple will update this feature in a future update, because this is the one thing that actually irritates me and sticks out more than any of the other missing features of this otherwise perfect device.

And on a extremely off topic side note: I'm extremely happy to say that, after reading another topic about cheaper LCD screens being put on the iPhone by Apple, I was lucky enough to get one of the better ones with the LCD Serial Number that started with a 5 :) Yay for me :p

Jul 17, 2007
Currently iPhone will only connect with BT headsets and in-car kits
And not too well if you have one of our two iPhones or BMW 5 series....
Not sure what is up but 50% of the voice traffic is lost with any of the four car/phone conversations making it useless.

Jul 17, 2007
Xanith suggested turning off the WiFi (802.11) which cured the problem. I now have the best hands free performace of any phone I have owned.
Thanks Xanith

PS
My phone signal and phone icon on the dash are now on all the time as well.