not sure what to do, help! some need advice..

Nov 24, 2007
hey all
k so i got my hands on a iPhone 3g. i think its 2.0.1.. the modem firmware is 01.48.02.. so heres my questions , i've already jailbroken it with winpwn 2.5 and my custom FW..
1. i want to restart it over because, i want installer & Cydia.. do i have to pwn my iPhone 3g again? or can i just restore with my new custom FW in iTunes ?

couple other quick questions i got:

2.should i stay on 2.0.1 or should i update to 2.0.2? is there any known bugs with ether? 2.0.1 or 2.0.2

3.what are are some of the must have system apps ? ((i remember on my iPhone 1g, i had to have summerboard, bosstool, & a couple others to keep everything running nicely.. is there any critical apps i need for iPhone 3g ?

4.well 3rd party apps i have installed on my 1.1.3 iPhone 1g.. work on my iPhone 3g 2.0.1 ? wallpaper, video camera, isim etc......

5.is there any way to run pokerstars yet? or any poker site for real money?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
1) Are Installer & Cydia currently on your phone, or not? If they aren't, be sure to check "Install Cydia & Installer" when creating your firmware. So yes, you'll need to re-jailbreak.

2)There are no real differences between the two. Some say that 2.0.2 does help with the 3G reception, others don't. However, I think it's always good to be on the latest version if at all possible.

3) SummerBoard has been replaced by WinterBaord, a much more powerful theming app allowing for features like HTML theming. BossPrefs, BossTool, and most other system utilities are available. One I that know that is not available is SysInfo.

4) Some apps have been ported, some haven't. iPhone Video Recorder has been. I'm not sure about Isim and iWallpaper has not been. Take a look through this thread.

5) I don't know, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: