not switching to WiFi!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
but i think i know why. It may be because i am low on batteries. Has anyone had this happen to them. Its pretty smart of Apple to do this to conserve battery. Please tell me I am right. I hope wifi gets disabled for low battery.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
but i think i know why. It may be because i am low on batteries. Has anyone had this happen to them. Its pretty smart of Apple to do this to conserve battery. Please tell me I am right. I hope wifi gets disabled for low battery.
I had a bout 3/4 batt when I was at the mall where there was wifi, and I chose the wifi connection, but the phone would never switch from edge. I can use wifi at my house no matter what the battery life is. I wonder why it wouldn't switch to an open wifi connection at the mall?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I noticed the same with my iPhone too. Once I got the 20% low battery warning, it switched over to Edge instead of using my home wifi. I too just assumed it was because of low battery.

tadrewcook

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Does EDGE use less battery power than Wifi? My uneducated guess would be yes.

I was sitting on my couch earlier today and it wanted to use EDGE for a quick second before it would connect to my wifi. It was kind of weird, considering it had been connected to the wifi all day.