Not that excited...

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Anyone else not that excited about the iPhone as they were when it was first announced? I know I'm not that excited. Maybe because I'm tired of waiting already.. 2 more weeks and it's here. eh.:p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'll admit that I'm not as excited as I was last year. This time last year, I was packing my backpack and cooler for my all day campout at the local AT&T store.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I feel considerably more excited this year. Partly because for me (with great coverage where I live) 3G is a huge plus, and even more because the iPhone 2.0 software and App Store are just going to take the iPhone through the roof in terms of what we can do with it ...

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I'm not excited either. Not till 7-10. Then ill prob wet my pants :p

May 6, 2007
United States
I agree. I am not excited mostly because I am not even buying the 3G, but also because I will be away on a trip when it releases.

Even if I were here and buying it, I just don't think it's quite as exciting because to me it isn't quite as revolutionary, but it is great to have an even better (?) version of the iPhone.

I will be excited when they announced the 3rd iPhone, because I bet it will be something really amazing.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Heck, I don't even have 3G coverage and I'm excited. New stuff and a new toy is always reason enough for me to get excited.

- John

Jun 27, 2008
Cheer up little man, I remember when my mom bought me Pokemon Diamond for my DS! I was as happy as could be and so you will be to, it just takes time :)

Patience ;)

Jun 27, 2008
I don't know how this works, but I gave you a thanks back so I don't get hyper beamed by other posters :)

Are you also a new member here for that 3G iPhone mabobber?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Oh no dude the thanks system is to show people your gratitude for their helpfulness in a post, its very kind to return the thanks but you arent obligated to ya kno?
Welcome to the forums ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oh no dude the thanks system is to show people your gratitude for their helpfulness in a post, its very kind to return the thanks but you arent obligated to ya kno?
Welcome to the forums ;)
If people were obligated to keep returning thanks...everyone would have an infinite amount of thanks lol.

Jun 27, 2008
Well me an Pikachu think that its mean for person to not return a thanks, if someone didn't return one of my thanks I'd have to grab my bulbasaur and solar beam them to kindness town :mad:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well me an Pikachu think that its mean for person to not return a thanks, if someone didn't return one of my thanks I'd have to grab my bulbasaur and solar beam them to kindness town :mad:
Umm...IMO, you should change your name to PokemoneObsessed :p

Just messing with ya :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Not nearly as excited. I will go take a look-see but have no plans to get one. Now watch out for V3. I think this will have everyone going nuts. I think something really special is in the works for this one.

Deltido

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
I've been lurking among the forums for about a week or two and just realized i wasn't registered :3 But yeah.., I'm super excited about this since I wasn't really working during the original release..now i can actually get the new one though:) I'm actually phoneless atm so it's going to be a hell of an upgrade for me:p

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I've been lurking among the forums for about a week or two and just realized i wasn't registered :3 But yeah.., I'm super excited about this since I wasn't really working during the original release..now i can actually get the new one though:) I'm actually phoneless atm so it's going to be a hell of an upgrade for me:p
Welcome to EIC. You will love your new phone. The iPhone has a few shortcomings, but over all is a great phone.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If I didn't already have an iPhone and was getting the 3G as my first one then I would be ecstatic. The cost alone compared the previous version makes this a hit. But with that said, having a jailbroken V1 phone kind of takes the glory out of the new version. Apple added a few things that will be nice and the additional speed of 3G will be nice but am I excited to give up all my games and programs hoping they come out on the Apple Store without the cost being insane? No. I am not very excited about the new phone. I am not even sure I am going to spend the time in line to get one. I think I will do as some people said and wait a while to see what other changes may come out down the road or at least wait until I hear from others that upgraded and how they see the improvements.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Unless you have 3G in your area or travel a lot to areas where you have 3G service, spending $559 more just to have GPS is insane ($15/month extra for additional 3g service+text messaging + $199 phone cost).

I would be willing to bet some of the performance and battery life improvements will also benefit the v1 phone as well with the new 2.0 software.