Not understanding Safari

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I'm not understanding some things in Safari. I take the subway into work and of course once the train is underground there's no signal, so what I try to do is load some page to read, but half the time when I go back to Safari, it tries to reload the page from the beginning. And when I hit the back button to go to a previous page it does the same thing, I thought it caches previous pages. So I'm not understanding what the clear cache option is under settings is foe then. I'm new to the iPhone, just had it a few weeks now, and I just can't figure out the logic to Safari. Thanks for your help!

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Some pages mark themselves expired as soon as they're loaded and the browser is supposed to pay attention to such things and do the right thing which is reloading the page. Of course browsers can be made ignore some of these things depending on the situation and some have an offline mode in which they simply show you what's cached regardless of anything else.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, the whole cache issue annoys me, especially every time I see that commercial showing 3 web pages fully loaded. The finger just presses the safari icon from the springboard and he's got 3 screens of fully loaded web pages to choose from.

I call shenanigans.