Not unlocking v1 8gb

Sep 1, 2007
West Central Florida
I used WNPWN and tried to jailbreak and unlock my v1 that I have lying around. The jailbreak went well, and cydia and installer appear to be working, as winterboard works, quake, and cycorder work fine.

I also selected unlock, and used the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files etc... i did everything it said, however it will not work.

I try to use the sim card from my working 3g, as this phone has been inactive since i got that in august. It does nothing, and notifies me that i need to connect to iTunes to activate the phone. A friend has an unlocked v1, and he uses T-mobile. His sim card also said the same thing, but instead of no service or searching in the top corner, it said t-mobile. Nothing worked, however, it always had 3-5 bars of service.

I would like to use it as a backup phone, or my normal phone, as my 3g still has a warranty. It is not jailbroken, and has a ton of approved apps, as well as music. I had no desire to jailbreak, however, i will if it allows me to switch between the phones. The deactivated sim card in the V1 doesn't work, the current 3g phone sim doesn't work, nor does a T-Mobile card, or a sprint world phone card. I assumed the sprint card would not work, as the sim card seems like a dummy to support the phone in world use. I used all those just to see if anything changed at all, and it was to no avail.

Any help would be great. I love the V1 and would like to continue using it!

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Sep 1, 2007
West Central Florida
i forgot a few things....

It says different sim, must connect to iTunes.

And, the phone was on ATT for 1 year. I upgraded to 2.1, and was using as an IPod touch. I decided I want to use the phone instead of just pandora and iPod...

if anyone knows what or where i went wrong, please let me know!

thanks again
Mark