Note taking apps for meetings

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by fjclaus, Mar 14, 2012.

1. fjclaus

fjclaus Member
    Bronze

I'm not the greatest handwriter so I'm looking for an app that will let me type my notes. I've been using "Evernote" for a while and was just looking to keep up to date with what's out there. As far as typing notes goes, is evernote the best, or is there something else I should be looking into?

2. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

There seems to be a very good general feel about Note Taker HD. It is predominately a hand written note application but it also allows notes to be typed in. If you need a combination of both (with a very well implemented hand writing portion) it might be worth a look because you can also insert pictures, drawings as well as open and annotate PDF's.

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm liking Noteability.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

4. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Noteability and PenUltimate are two that I use for note taking. Both are great IMO.

5. hartlanes

hartlanes Guest

I am using Evernote, its really a great app for taking notes and organizing them, but it's just as good at letting to capture, scan, and save objects in real life, clip web pages that are browse, and share them with friends. Springpad, MS OneNote and Simplenote are also some other best note taking apps.

6. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

If your handwriting isn't great and you're OK with the on-screen keyboard, Evernote is good but there are some others that I find nicer for pure writing / note-taking, due to how clean and focused they are. These include Plain Text, iA Writer, and Elements.

7. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I agree. Note Taker HD is very feature-rich.

In addition to what already has been mentioned, please watch this video demonstration of it.

Sent from my iPad 3

8. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Hi. I have been an avid user of nootbooks 6 and loved it. Nice interface and loved the way it allowed me to create folders for all my notes and documents.

Have had to upgrade to notebooks 7 because they were no longer providing support for notebooks 6.

Now this is where the problem arises. The app store and the notebooks blog says the latest version is ios8 compatible. However the app does not work so far in ios 8.0.2. It crasahes when i try to open even the stock information documents.

I have emailed the developer several times and have not heard a thing from him. (Very bad and shoddy). So much so i'm going to seek a refund from Apple.

Does anyone have an app that they use for keeping notes on their iphone? Some of the notes i have a quite long and work related and i don't necessarily want them stored in the cloud so i am not mad about evernote and such likes.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I use the stock Notes.app in iOS and I love it with iCloud syncing on all my devices...

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Notability is nice, but I mostly use the stock too.

11. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I use Notability on both my iPad Air and my iPhone especially at work where I hold meetings and classes and need to write a lot of notes. I like being able to use either keyboard or stylus and handwriting. You can create multiple folders/notebooks and sub pages. The ability to hand draw on the pages as well as highlight and type makes it the most useful out of all that I have tried. I recommend you take a peak at it and at least try it for a day or two. For super fast notes I just use the stock program.

12. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

I have notability and I do like it. Just miss the way the notebooks app allowed me to create folders and sub folders for all my notes and essays and I liked it's simple layout.

13. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

I use Microsoft OneNote. Best note taking app I've used. Try Notability

Sent from my iPhone

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

OneNote takes a lot of space on my 16 gb phone. I'm gonna check it out when I upgrade to more space.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.