Notes in 1.1.4 Not Working

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Did a search, couldn't find a thread about this.

I upgraded to 1.1.4 yesterday, GF wanted to leave me some sweet messages on my Notes last night, couldn't do it.

The Note app opens(stock/standard Notes that came w/iPhone), all my previous notes are there (from when I had synced before), but today when I try to make a new note, I can type whatever I want, hit "Done", looks like it saved it, but when I hit the " < Notes" to go back to the screen with all my notes, its not there!

I did try to edit one of my other notes and add a few lines to it, and when I hit "Done" and go back, it has indeed been updated.

So my problem is something is causing it to not allow me to make new notes.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
yeah, you may find also, that you cannot save pictures off of the camera roll.
restore, and don't restore from backup.

its a pain in the ass but ziPhone has to have one bad side.. that's it.

Good day.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
if I set my phone as a new phone, will I lose all my contacts? or can I resync afterwards and it will sync everything back?
it will re-sync everything back, but you'll have to re-apply all your settings. I did this to get my iPhone to work w/o freezing after j/b'ing 1.1.4 with ziPhone. My notes, however, were lost.:(

smavizag

Mar 10, 2008
The Note app opens(stock/standard Notes that came w/iPhone), all my previous notes are there (from when I had synced before), but today when I try to make a new note, I can type whatever I want, hit "Done", looks like it saved it, but when I hit the " < Notes" to go back to the screen with all my notes, its not there!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I too had this problem and i found a solution for that.

You can either Terminal in using the Term-vt100 or SSH connection using WinSCP and give the command:

chmod 777 /private/var/mobile/Library/Notes

Hope this will solve.

Mar 10, 2008
OOo 1.1.5 includes the previously announce security patch for 1.1.4 release. It addresses a problem noted in a recent advisory. That advisory states that there is a security risk in all circulating releases of OpenOffice.org. (For those interested, the issue filed was 46388.)
This release includes issue 34353: "Provide OASIS installable filters for OOo 1.1". The import of the OpenDocument Format is covered by this issue, it is not planned to support also the export in OpenOffice.org 1.1.x. The OpenDocument Format is used as default file format in beta quality builds Openoffice.org 1.9.x.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
OOo 1.1.5 includes the previously announce security patch for 1.1.4 release. It addresses a problem noted in a recent advisory. That advisory states that there is a security risk in all circulating releases of OpenOffice.org. (For those interested, the issue filed was 46388.)
This release includes issue 34353: "Provide OASIS installable filters for OOo 1.1". The import of the OpenDocument Format is covered by this issue, it is not planned to support also the export in OpenOffice.org 1.1.x. The OpenDocument Format is used as default file format in beta quality builds Openoffice.org 1.9.x.
wtf?

lol.......

irv

Mar 20, 2008
I too had this problem and i found a solution for that.

You can either Terminal in using the Term-vt100 or SSH connection using WinSCP and give the command:

chmod 777 /private/var/mobile/Library/Notes

Hope this will solve.
Excellent this worked for me

Thanks

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Excellent this worked for me

Thanks

this is not working for me, its telling me 'no such file or directory' ...am i doing something wrong? i typed it in Term-vt100 just as written..this is also the first time ever i use Term-vt100 , so maybe theres something i need to know about its usage but any help would be great!

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
still useing 1.0.2

HI ..i am not sure if u could help me ..but i am still uesing 1.0.2 on my iPhone and i don't know if i should upgrade or not ..if so what i should i use 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 ..my phone is unlocked and i been uesing it europe but i am afraid that if i upgrade i may have some problems with the phone ..thanks
yeah, you may find also, that you cannot save pictures off of the camera roll.
restore, and don't restore from backup.

its a pain in the ass but ziPhone has to have one bad side.. that's it.

Good day.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
go to 1.1.3 this firmware is allot more fun and 1.1.4 is just to buggy foe most to deal with. If u like your 1.1.2 then I'm sure you'll like 1.1.3

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Not got this problem, but did lose my old notes after going to 1.1.4 and new iPhone
Anyone know where the notes files is in my old 'back up' folder so I can restore the notes stuff? Too much to lose and not enough brain cells left to remember what was in there!
regards

jaime

Jun 30, 2009
I have the same problem and it happened after I updated the just released software that added voice recording capabilities and horizontal screen capabilities--any body please help.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have the same problem and it happened after I updated the just released software that added voice recording capabilities and horizontal screen capabilities--any body please help.
Wait a second, you have the official 3.0 and Notes isn't working? You know this thread is for those running the old firmware 1.1.4 from last year, right?