Notes on Calendar?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Can you add notes on calendar without associating it with a certain time? For example, I need to remember that I paid $8 tolls that day so that when I do my expense report I'll add that in. Is it possible?

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
Can you add notes on calendar without associating it with a certain time? For example, I need to remember that I paid $8 tolls that day so that when I do my expense report I'll add that in. Is it possible?
You would need to:

1. Create a new Event with the "+" from the calendar
2. Title: Tolls
3. Starts/Ends: All-day = On
4. Notes: $80

This would show an all-day event with "no time" and have the tolls paid in the notes field.

Just one way to to it.

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
You would need to:

1. Create a new Event with the "+" from the calendar
2. Title: Tolls
3. Starts/Ends: All-day = On
4. Notes: $80

This would show an all-day event with "no time" and have the tolls paid in the notes field.

Just one way to to it.
Thanks! I forgot that this is not outlook. I thought if i do that is gonna make my whole day appear "busy"... nevermind. :)

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
Faywolfe,

FYI. If you use Outlook and if the "note" in the iPhone creates an Event that shows your day as full... Open the Event in Outlook and on the second tab select... Show this appointment as Not Busy. I am not near my computer but I think that is how you do it.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Rumor is that notes will be a part of the OS X software upgrade at the end of this month. Be patient.
actually its not a rumor anymore, it says somewhere in the mail section on the new features page that you will be able to sync notes between the iPhone and mac os x leopard..and it also says that you will be able to do it on any PC also, so im guessing that means you can use outlook for notes too.

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
Rumor is that notes will be a part of the OS X software upgrade at the end of this month. Be patient.
Ok... I will be patient, but as of today we still need a work around for PC and Mac. I won't hold my breath though, as I anticipate it taking longer for the functionalilty than Oct 26. Time will tell.