Notes users, take note: Updating your OS X machine to OS X 10.11 is essential

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Rafagon, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

ios9-notes-app-icon.png Users of the Notes app who sync their iOS Notes with at least one OS X machine via iCloud will want to upgrade the OS X machine to OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

According to the Apple support document,

"When you open Notes in iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan for the first time and select Upgrade Now, both your notes on your device and your notes on iCloud.com will upgrade. And if you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on your other devices with iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan, any changes you make to a note on one device instantly appear on all your other devices.

The notes you created before your upgrade might look different, but you can immediately start using all of the new app features to customize and enhance them.

If you upgrade later, your notes will stay the same, and you can upgrade to the new features at any time. Just open Notes and select Upgrade."

OS X 10.11 El Capitan should be available for download later this afternoon.

Mods: Please insert the word "to" after the word "machine" in the title. TIA.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Posters: Please proof your thread titles before submitting. TIA. ;)

3. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I'll put 10.11 on my MBA tonight and give it a couple days of use. If all is well I'll update my iMac and then the wife & kids' laptops. iOS9 has been prompting me to upgrade to El Capitan for a week now when I open certain apps, like Notes.