Nothing Happened In London

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was putting a hope up for a 16GB version or maybe 3G (not like I care about the latter, but for you guys:cool:). I really think this means no new versions until next year. Now all we have to look forward to is this first software update......it better have more then Wi-Fi music store!:sick:

crisc

Sep 7, 2007
I was putting a hope up for a 16GB version or maybe 3G (not like I care about the latter, but for you guys:cool:). I really think this means no new versions until next year. Now all we have to look forward to is this first software update......it better have more then Wi-Fi music store!:sick:
If Steve would have announced a 16Gb version with 3G, they would of had another public reactions disaster as the did with the price cut.

Think of the bitchin' and moaning we would of heard on this board.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If Steve would have announced a 16Gb version with 3G, they would of had another public reactions disaster as the did with the price cut.

yes, now the moaning will be on the Brit sites. :p

But seriously, I didn't expect much change for this release. Time will tell if the lack of 3G in the UK affects sales dramatically. I actually don't think it will. You get a distorted sense of reality when the only feedback you read is from geeks. They all insist lack of 3G makes it a no-go, but as usual when you read something from an actual owner they don't seem to mind. We shall see...

--
Mike

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas

I agree. No update and a new 16 Gig. I can almost hear the screams now.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I agree that people would be up in arms about a 16GB version....but why? We know it's possible look at the iPod touch. I'd be excited more then angry they came out with better technology 9 months after alpha development.

I see your point Mike and it's true in my case as well, I don't mind the 2.5G speeds. I average around 130kbs in all cities across the country (I travel and do the iPhonespeedtest.com a lot). Decent IMO, but maybe not others that want Britney spears more MORE MORRRRRE. LOL, had too.:p

edit: JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Well, at least they have a confirmed date when the iPhone is coming to the UK. Think about it...they've been waiting for this thing since Macworld in January. Almost a full year. I'm wondering if their buildup of anticipation will rival ours. Lines around the block, etc.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
16gb phone

the 3g 16gb phone won't be out for at least 6 months to a year. This was told to me by an insider. It will not be here by Christmas, thus the price drop of the 8gig model so that more lil children will have the iPhone in their stockings. and the onlly reason i have an iPhone now. :) I'm impatient.

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
the 3g 16gb phone won't be out for at least 6 months to a year. This was told to me by an insider. It will not be here by Christmas, thus the price drop of the 8gig model so that more lil children will have the iPhone in their stockings. and the onlly reason i have an iPhone now. :) I'm impatient.
I agree with you, but how "inside" is your insider? Unless they work in corprate they probably don't know any more than all of us on these boards.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'm gonna take a wild guess here and predict another price drop before christmas, and possibly iPhone2 in january's expo.

Lets see what happens!

=P

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
inside man

I work in the entertainment industry...trade shows, corporate meetings etc....you put he pieces together of who I can talk to. I really don't want to say who this person is, or their position for obvious reasons. I really don't like posting information either, but this speculation crap drives me crazy.:laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I work in the entertainment industry...trade shows, corporate meetings etc....you put he pieces together of who I can talk to. I really don't want to say who this person is, or their position for obvious reasons. I really don't like posting information either, but this speculation crap drives me crazy.:laugh2:
Well....you know how to end the "speculation crap" don't you?

More- solid ground info = less speculation!

You know what to do...

PM me, no one will know and I promise not to tell a soul...>=)

Tell me what you know, ah hell, you probably don't know anything anyways...

=P

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'd have to say that the UK folks probably feel a lot differently. Huge news for them. And they get a bonus, something they hadn't been expecting: the Wi-Fi music store. I wasn't expecting new hardware. Great announcement!

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
UK sales are going to be miserable. EDGE coverage in UK is apparently spotty and the Brits who use smartphones or mobile Internet are used to 3g speeds. Apple seems to be dropping the ball a lot lately. Of course its more O2 mistake then Apples.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Pretty much. To release a phone without 3G is disappointing. As for the 7,500 Wi-fi spots, where are they exactly?

Suspect it'll be bought by Apple fanboys and fashonista and then it'll die a slow and ignominious death. It's just not good enough.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have to say that as much as a faster connection would be nice, it's still not practical in the US until coverage is expanded to the point where it's actually coverage and not metropolitan "spots."
As far as 16 gig? Well, Personally, 8 gigs for me is plenty. That's easily 500 songs, a couple movies, and a bunch a programs. More than enough to keep me entertained till the battery dies.
At this point, especially after the public outcry to the last price drop, Apple is going to play it very low-key as far as what their next major move is. Another price drop at christmas cries of desperation and greed (in my opinion) and if Steve's vision of putting an iPhone in everyone's hands happens on the scale they are looking for, then the next release is going to be very weak on the sales scale indeed. No one is going to want to shell out another 400-600 for a new phone when the one they got is only a couple months old. ( Yes some of you out there will buy the next one, but you are the exception to the majority. I for one can not afford a new iPhone for at least another 2 years.)
All I would like to see is the current "problems" fixed. in other words, add the software that comes standard on nearly every other phone out there that is missing on the iPhone. If it weren't for the wonderful people that cracked and hacked the iPhone, the limitations would probably be felt more strongly then they are now.