Nothing Seems To Fix My Problem

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I have tried just about every single recommendation on the web to get msn to work on apollo but nothing seems to work, i still get connection error from notication server: unable to connect. I tried to replace the hosts file, change permissions on that file, un-install and re-install and all that stuff but i keep getting that error. im using winscp and im running 1.1.4. anyone else having or had this problem? i really need help!

if somone already had this problem and fixed it, can you please tell me exactly what you did and post the exact same hosts file?

thanks

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Easiest way I know to do it is to install the boss source on installer. Go down to tweaks 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 im not exactly sure which. one of them has the application "IM Fix 1.1.4" Install it and your apollo should be working again.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Easiest way I know to do it is to install the boss source on installer. Go down to tweaks 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 im not exactly sure which. one of them has the application "IM Fix 1.1.4" Install it and your apollo should be working again.
i have all the boss sources installed and i cant seem to find the IM FIX 1.1.4. i found the IM FIX 1.1.3 and installed it but it didn't do anything. Is there other sources that i should be downloading? or is there an alternative to this?

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Ok, that was my fault. The one you should be isntalling is the IM Fix 1.1.3. Now, when you don't have the fixed installed do you get an error along the lines of "Unable to resolve host name?"

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
You also said you changed the permissions. I suggest uninstalling apollo. Uninstalling the fix. Restart the spring baord. Reinstall Apollo. Restart Springboard, then reinstall the IM fix 1.1.3. Because of how you changed some host files and other things, the fix may not be installing correctly so I suggest following the isntructions.

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Also there was another post on this depending on which firmware you have. When your reply again make sure you let me know which firmware you are using ill be able to help a little more if you do.

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Alright, my fault, you did tell me your firmware. I'll get you a link if my idea doesn't work.
It requires the changeing of a .plist file so try my idea first.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Alright, my fault, you did tell me your firmware. I'll get you a link if my idea doesn't work.
It requires the changeing of a .plist file so try my idea first.
I tried your tip by uninstalling apollo and the fix and reinstalling them, but i still get the same error. i would get the same error even before i installed the fix, so that fix isn't doing anything i guess. now your saying something about the .plist...i tried that method last night as well where im suppose to change the 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 but that still didn't work. i might of been doing it wrong tho...anything else in mind?

thanks a lot for you help!

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Those are the only two methods i've seen and heard of. Tell me the exact error your getting. And if you don't mind your info to log into your MSn acc so I can try my apollo. I know you probably wont want someone knowing your info though. I promise I wont mess with anything though.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Those are the only two methods i've seen and heard of. Tell me the exact error your getting. And if you don't mind your info to log into your MSn acc so I can try my apollo. I know you probably wont want someone knowing your info though. I promise I wont mess with anything though.
the error i get is UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE: UNABLE TO CONNECT.

i rather not give out my personal info, but i did try this with another msn account and it still didn't work, so this cant really be related to my msn account. im starting to think that the only option now may be a restore and start all over again :S

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ya that one is working fine its just that it doesn't load my whole buddy list...would you know how to fix this?
Apollo doesn't load your entire list either.
and mobileChat has landscape mode, and the New IM button works.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Apollo doesn't load your entire list either.
and mobileChat has landscape mode, and the New IM button works.

that sucks...well is there any way we can get any IM to show up the full list? this kinda sucks...or do you at least know if it loads all online contacts or some are not showing up? if it at least loads all online contacts then it wouldn't be so bad

Mar 11, 2008
the error i get is UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE: UNABLE TO CONNECT.

i rather not give out my personal info, but i did try this with another msn account and it still didn't work, so this cant really be related to my msn account. im starting to think that the only option now may be a restore and start all over again :S
I have the same problem with MSN on Apollo. I am entering in all the correct info, but it always says "unable to authenticate".
I just tried with mobileChat and it doesn't work either. When I try to sign into MSN, it says "Please Wait" and never connects.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I have the same problem with MSN on Apollo. I am entering in all the correct info, but it always says "unable to authenticate".
I just tried with mobileChat and it doesn't work either. When I try to sign into MSN, it says "Please Wait" and never connects.
i managed to get mobilechat to work after i installed that IM FIX 1.1.3

give it a shot, might work for you as well..just sucks that we cant get our apollo to work out like everyone else here can!

stylesp

Apr 3, 2008
alabama
can anyone tell me how to get springboard app to work everytime i try to open the file i get a message saying windows cant open the file because it doesn't no who created it