Noticed something cool

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Sorry if this is old, but I hate having to unlock my phone and type in my password everytime I want to replay or switch songs. I found out if you just double tap the home button, it will bring up the controls for what you're listening to at that time, and you can pause and switch tracks without having to unlock. Really handy at the gym. Just FYI in case folks didn't know, it was a pleasant surprise for me :)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Sorry if this is old, but I hate having to unlock my phone and type in my password everytime I want to replay or switch songs. I found out if you just double tap the home button, it will bring up the controls for what you're listening to at that time, and you can pause and switch tracks without having to unlock. Really handy at the gym. Just FYI in case folks didn't know, it was a pleasant surprise for me :)
yeah thats one of the main features that the 1.1.1 update brought. also you can double tap the home button in any other app (such as safari) and itll bring up a pop up with the playback controls

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I also noticed something cool

yeah thats one of the main features that the 1.1.1 update brought. also you can double tap the home button in any other app (such as safari) and itll bring up a pop up with the playback controls
When upgrading my 1 month old MacBook Pro it died via the Blue Screen of Death ( I was stupid enough to think that only happened with PC's)

But the cool thing is my iPhone still works!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
When upgrading my 1 month old MacBook Pro it died via the Blue Screen of Death ( I was stupid enough to think that only happened with PC's)

But the cool thing is my iPhone still works!
Umm.. cant you have your MBP looked at. I don't own a mac, but does BSoD in Macs mean it'll never work again?

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hi Everybody,

I'm a little confused about the "Home" button. When someone says you can "double tap" it does that mean press it or click it 2 times ? I might be overlooking something very simple, but when I'm in Safari or iPod mode, pushing, clicking or tapping the home button just takes me back to the "Home" screen with all the options (Calendar, Youtube, Maps, Weather, etc.). When I read double tap, in my mind that's the same method you'd use to enlarge the screen on a webpage. What am I missing. Thanks in advance. Cheers !

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hi Everybody,

I'm a little confused about the "Home" button. When someone says you can "double tap" it does that mean press it or click it 2 times ? I might be overlooking something very simple, but when I'm in Safari or iPod mode, pushing, clicking or tapping the home button just takes me back to the "Home" screen with all the options (Calendar, Youtube, Maps, Weather, etc.). When I read double tap, in my mind that's the same method you'd use to enlarge the screen on a webpage. What am I missing. Thanks in advance. Cheers !
When they say "double tap", they mean "double click" the home button. If you have the latest firmware version, it should either take you to "your favorite contact" or "ipod", depending how you set it up. I believe it goes to ipod by default.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
thanks for bringing this back to memory. I totally forgot about that function in the new build until you mentioned it in this post. I just tried it and it works perfectly. Yeah I am day late as usual but it's still cool. :)