Notification badges

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gokart

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Each time I get a Facebook, twitter, or mail notification, I get an app badge on the icon as normal on both my iPad and iPhone since I have all 3 pushed to get device. Now, when I open any of those notifications, the badge is not reflecting on my other device, whether it be iPhone or iPad. I have to reopen the notification to clear it. Is this normal? Do you think Apple will push badges to the cloud or have the "clear" feature in notification center clear the badges?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Do you mean that once you've cleared an alert on one device it's not clearing on another?

I've not noticed this, but now you've mentioned it I'll make sure I check next time.

gokart

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Do you mean that once you've cleared an alert on one device it's not clearing on another?

I've not noticed this, but now you've mentioned it I'll make sure I check next time.
Exactly. It's frustrating when at the end of the day if i haven't had my iPad with me, I need to open the Facebook, twitter, mail and all other apps that have push notification badges in order to get rid of the badge.