Notification Center - Epiphany

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
For a long time, I have always been somewhat annoyed at notifications and how they work in iOS. I have tried disabling notification center, limiting what notifies me, and every combination in between. I always find myself less than satisfied. I just had an epiphany as to why. I realized, when I have my iPhone on me, I get notified of things as they happen (which I like). But then when I pick up my iPad, my lock screen and notification center are filled with notifications I've already seen on my iPhone.

The inverse happens as well. When I am using the iPad, I like getting the notifications on there. However, I hate picking up my iPhone and seeing all those notifications I have to then dismiss. I realized, like email, notifications should be connected between all devices using my Apple ID and dismiss themselves on every other device if I have dismissed the notification on one device. Why am I writing this? For one, I want to make sure I'm not missing something, and there's some setting somewhere I've missed.

What do you all think? Do you have a way around this?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For a long time, I have always been somewhat annoyed at notifications and how they work in iOS. I have tried disabling notification center, limiting what notifies me, and every combination in between. I always find myself less than satisfied. I just had an epiphany as to why. I realized, when I have my iPhone on me, I get notified of things as they happen (which I like). But then when I pick up my iPad, my lock screen and notification center are filled with notifications I've already seen on my iPhone.

The inverse happens as well. When I am using the iPad, I like getting the notifications on there. However, I hate picking up my iPhone and seeing all those notifications I have to then dismiss. I realized, like email, notifications should be connected between all devices using my Apple ID and dismiss themselves on every other device if I have dismissed the notification on one device. Why am I writing this? For one, I want to make sure I'm not missing something, and there's some setting somewhere I've missed.

What do you all think? Do you have a way around this?
Hopefully iOS 7 will fix this. It's "fixed" for stock apps on iOS 6.x, but not for third-party apps.