Notification not working correctly!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by JDem, Sep 22, 2012.

1. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

I've looked in a few other locations and I am having a hard time finding anyone else with the same issues.

Since iOS 6 update, I am seeing the following:

- SMS and iMessage notifications only work about 15% of the time.
    - Facebook push notifications have no audio.
    - Email only notifies me about 1 out of every 10 emails.

***This goes for both audible and vibrate notifications! :confused:

I am a huge proponent of clean installs so when I realized there was an issue, I connected to iTunes and did a full restore to factory and reinstalled iOS 6 fresh. I also set it up as a new phone and left all notification settings as defaults just in case and it is the same.

Am I really the only one?

Oh and anyone else have auto-brightness just stop working completely since the update?

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I have heard either here or another forum about the Facebook notifications not working properly.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

3. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Facebook notifications just make my flash flash but no sound at all. Annoying! Mail pops up on the face of the iPod (still haven't hooked up iPhone yet!) but only like 1 every 20 mins or so.

4. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

My text notifications only work with stock tones.

5. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Just Facebook for me. All else is good.

6. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

That's what I have, all settings and sounds are system defaults.

7. nan

nan New Member

It has happened to me and it is driving me bonkers. Any solutions out there?

Sent using iCafe app

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Facebook notifications have had no audio since their implementation. It may have been an oversight on the part of the developers. Hopefully this is addressed in the next "Bug Fix" FB app update.

Just to be sure, and I don't mean to point out what may be obvious to you, but you do have Mail's "Fetch New Data > Push" set to "ON", correct? This ensures that you get a notification each and every time you receive a new e-mail. (This also uses a tiny bit more of your battery, but this may not be a concern to you.)

Maybe somehow it got reset (during the update to iOS 6) to "Fetch - Manually" and that's why you're only getting notified 15% of the time, because you're only getting notified when you actually start the Mail app and it retrieves new e-mails.

I have not experienced any of the other issues you listed.

9. Napoleon Lopez

Bronze

For me i can get the notifications for any app. But without sound. The ppl at the Apple store said that was a common problem right now. They get many complaints in my area about notifications not working. They tried all the standard troubleshooting methods. They have even swapped the phone out for me several times. Finally they said 6.1 would def have a fix for the notification problem ppl were having where the sound would not come in. I updated to 6.1 still nothing. As i posted in another thread, maybe there will be a jailbreak app i can use to try and straighten it out. I know before when i was having notification issues, i would jailbreak the phone. Download one of the apps from the jailbreak community. And bam, the issue would be resolved.

10. nan

nan New Member

New update yesterday. Still no fix on notifications.

Sent using iCafe app

11. Napoleon Lopez

Bronze

Yup. Same here. Like i said, i tried the Apple store. And they said that it was very common and there were many ppl having problems. At first they swapped the phone. But after a while, they have had to tell ppl it's not the phone. Because they said there were so many ppl coming in with notification issues. They swore 6.1 would fix it. And nothing. The thing about it is, i don't even see anywhere where Apple. Other than the local stores, have acknowledged the problem. It would be nice if they would at least say hey we are aware some of you are having issues. But nothing. Oh well, here is to hoping the jailbreak community can come up with a fix before Apple does.

12. nan

nan New Member

Let us know how it goes.

Sent using iCafe app

13. Napoleon Lopez

Bronze

I have jailbroken my phone. And have installed pushtone for my phone. It seems like with pushtone all my apps that didn't have the audible notification are now working ok. I just have to go in each app and assign a tone to it. But it seems to work now.

14. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

"VS Notifications" crashes my iPad Mini and sends it into SAFE MODE when I get a text after I updated to 6.1

15. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have had CNN, breaking news, abc news, and Facebook all not making sounds since iOS 6. I used to have trouble with email, a yahoo account, but it just fixed itself a few weeks ago.

Sent using iCafe app

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Today Facebook released version 5.5 of its app, which once again fails to fix the absence of any audio feedback during Notifications even with Sound set to On.