Notification not working correctly!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
I've looked in a few other locations and I am having a hard time finding anyone else with the same issues.

Since iOS 6 update, I am seeing the following:

- SMS and iMessage notifications only work about 15% of the time.
- Facebook push notifications have no audio.
- Email only notifies me about 1 out of every 10 emails.

***This goes for both audible and vibrate notifications! :confused:

I am a huge proponent of clean installs so when I realized there was an issue, I connected to iTunes and did a full restore to factory and reinstalled iOS 6 fresh. I also set it up as a new phone and left all notification settings as defaults just in case and it is the same.

Am I really the only one?

Oh and anyone else have auto-brightness just stop working completely since the update?

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I've looked in a few other locations and I am having a hard time finding anyone else with the same issues.

I am a huge proponent of clean installs so when I realized there was an issue, I connected to iTunes and did a full restore to factory and reinstalled iOS 6 fresh. I also set it up as a new phone and left all notification settings as defaults just in case and it is the same.

Oh and anyone else have auto-brightness just stop working completely since the update?
Facebook notifications just make my flash flash but no sound at all. Annoying! Mail pops up on the face of the iPod (still haven't hooked up iPhone yet!) but only like 1 every 20 mins or so.

nan

May 22, 2010
It has happened to me and it is driving me bonkers. Any solutions out there?

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Facebook notifications have had no audio since their implementation. It may have been an oversight on the part of the developers. Hopefully this is addressed in the next "Bug Fix" FB app update.

Just to be sure, and I don't mean to point out what may be obvious to you, but you do have Mail's "Fetch New Data > Push" set to "ON", correct? This ensures that you get a notification each and every time you receive a new e-mail. (This also uses a tiny bit more of your battery, but this may not be a concern to you.)

Maybe somehow it got reset (during the update to iOS 6) to "Fetch - Manually" and that's why you're only getting notified 15% of the time, because you're only getting notified when you actually start the Mail app and it retrieves new e-mails.

I have not experienced any of the other issues you listed.

Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana

For me i can get the notifications for any app. But without sound. The ppl at the Apple store said that was a common problem right now. They get many complaints in my area about notifications not working. They tried all the standard troubleshooting methods. They have even swapped the phone out for me several times. Finally they said 6.1 would def have a fix for the notification problem ppl were having where the sound would not come in. I updated to 6.1 still nothing. As i posted in another thread, maybe there will be a jailbreak app i can use to try and straighten it out. I know before when i was having notification issues, i would jailbreak the phone. Download one of the apps from the jailbreak community. And bam, the issue would be resolved.

Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
New update yesterday. Still no fix on notifications.

Sent using iCafe app

Yup. Same here. Like i said, i tried the Apple store. And they said that it was very common and there were many ppl having problems. At first they swapped the phone. But after a while, they have had to tell ppl it's not the phone. Because they said there were so many ppl coming in with notification issues. They swore 6.1 would fix it. And nothing. The thing about it is, i don't even see anywhere where Apple. Other than the local stores, have acknowledged the problem. It would be nice if they would at least say hey we are aware some of you are having issues. But nothing. Oh well, here is to hoping the jailbreak community can come up with a fix before Apple does.

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
I have jailbroken my phone. And have installed pushtone for my phone. It seems like with pushtone all my apps that didn't have the audible notification are now working ok. I just have to go in each app and assign a tone to it. But it seems to work now.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I have had CNN, breaking news, abc news, and Facebook all not making sounds since iOS 6. I used to have trouble with email, a yahoo account, but it just fixed itself a few weeks ago.

Sent using iCafe app

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Today Facebook released version 5.5 of its app, which once again fails to fix the absence of any audio feedback during Notifications even with Sound set to On.