Notification Sounds Absent

Aug 21, 2012
I have the latest iPod touch. The software is up to date. Notification sounds fail on several apps. They are all inside the notification panel with sounds turned on. I have also done a reset and restore. The same apps perform properly on an iPad in my home. Any thoughts?

Jul 13, 2011
I think some more details would be helpful. What are the apps with which the issue occurs?

All I could think of now is in addition to checking your Settings > Notifications for these specific apps (which seemingly you have already done), to go to Settings and then scroll down to the specific app entry. Some apps feature an additional set of Notification settings within their list entries directly under your iPod Touch Settings.

Murphy3143

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have looked in to the specific settings related to each app. The apps are mostly local news outlets for the Minneapolis area to also include Fox news and CNN. The same apps perform fine on an iPad in the same home.

Jul 13, 2011
odd. Go to Settings > Sound and slide the "Change with Buttons" to OFF. now put the sound to maximum using the slider as opposed to the buttons. Does that change anything?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I've never had a notification fail, but I've only ever used the iPhone and the iPad. I can't think of any reason why they would disable notifications for iPod touch users.

Since you've done a restore, I'd have to say this is an app thing, and should probably be reported to the developers of the apps that aren't making sounds.