Notification Sounds Absent

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by Murphy3143, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Murphy3143

Murphy3143 New Member

I have the latest iPod touch. The software is up to date. Notification sounds fail on several apps. They are all inside the notification panel with sounds turned on. I have also done a reset and restore. The same apps perform properly on an iPad in my home. Any thoughts?

2. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I think some more details would be helpful. What are the apps with which the issue occurs?

All I could think of now is in addition to checking your Settings > Notifications for these specific apps (which seemingly you have already done), to go to Settings and then scroll down to the specific app entry. Some apps feature an additional set of Notification settings within their list entries directly under your iPod Touch Settings.

3. Murphy3143

Murphy3143 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have looked in to the specific settings related to each app. The apps are mostly local news outlets for the Minneapolis area to also include Fox news and CNN. The same apps perform fine on an iPad in the same home.

4. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

odd. Go to Settings > Sound and slide the "Change with Buttons" to OFF. now put the sound to maximum using the slider as opposed to the buttons. Does that change anything?

5. Murphy3143

Murphy3143 New Member

Made the changes and will let you know.

6. Murphy3143

Murphy3143 New Member

No change. Perhaps these apps are not designed to have the notifications on iPod.

7. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I've never had a notification fail, but I've only ever used the iPhone and the iPad. I can't think of any reason why they would disable notifications for iPod touch users.

Since you've done a restore, I'd have to say this is an app thing, and should probably be reported to the developers of the apps that aren't making sounds.