Now I'm afraid to JB...HELP!

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I recently had an issue you all helped me with where my iPhone wasn't being seen by either of my systems. Tried various cables and a rebooting everything to no avail. So I tried to do a factory reset via "Settings", "General", "Reset" and that sucker locked up tight (woudn't go past the silver Apple)! Anyhow, I got square through Apple and I have my new 3g all set up like before except I'm afraid to JB because of this last issue. There's no way my 3g failed this way from JB'ing it did it? If I decide I can't live without Backgrounder and JB again, can I do so with confidence this same thing won't happen again? Help ease my mind folks! Thanks so much in advance!

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Backgrounder is a must-have for everyone :).

We can't really tell you...all you can do is try it and see what happens. As long as you follow the directions in QuickPWN you should be good to go.

macfone

Jan 20, 2009
Sorry that happened to you, when i jailbreaked my iPhone 3g i found that the 3rd party apps really don't work as good. So i reset everything and got off to a clean start, i will not jailbreak my phone again. ;)

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Ya know there's a few apps when I had it jb'd before I wasn't pleased with, but Backgrounder is something I find it hard to do without. It absolutely amazes me some of the functionality Apple chose to leave out of this sucker. Maybe the Palm Pre and it's pretty multi-tasking ability will kick Apple in the butt. Well...I'm going to jump in again and see what happens. Wish me luck and thanks again.

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I must've jailbroken more than 20 iPhone 2G & 3G's for friends & family, and I have never come across a problem that couldn't be cured with DFU mode or restore. IMO a jailbroken iPhone is 99% as stable as a stock iPhone.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ya know there's a few apps when I had it jb'd before I wasn't pleased with, but Backgrounder is something I find it hard to do without. It absolutely amazes me some of the functionality Apple chose to leave out of this sucker. Maybe the Palm Pre and it's pretty multi-tasking ability will kick Apple in the butt. Well...I'm going to jump in again and see what happens. Wish me luck and thanks again.

Not If Apple sue's Palm, over that whole Intellectual Property issue.

macfone

Jan 20, 2009
what? Apple is not going to sue palm. The iPhone and pre both for different worlds.

stlrgrl

Jan 22, 2009
What does the jailbreak mean or do? I can find plenty online on how to but nothing on what it is?

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
What does the jailbreak mean or do? I can find plenty online on how to but nothing on what it is?
It basically lets you do things to your phone that Apple would never allow you to do, like changing what the interface looks like, playing emulators, recording/streaming videos, that kind of thing. I personally jailbroke mine just for the ability to change what the interface looks like.