Now it's August 2015 how is everyone's iPhone6s holding up?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by digitalcuriosity, Jul 31, 2015.

1. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I would like to know how everyone's iPhone6s are holding up,are they working as expected anyone using Sprint, would like to hear how there network is doing with peoples IPhone6s.
    What about the build quality of them? anyone need service on them? If so what was the problem,and how did the support work out? Thanks for your replies.
    D.C.

2. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

Like the first day I bought the 6s. Running Verizon and no issues at all. Are you expecting people to have issues or malfunctioning iPhones?

Heck I'm just waken for the 6s in roughly 2 months or so

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My iPhone 6+ is perfection besides my OCD of the home button tap click annoyance. :p

4. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

No I had a iPhone4 a long time ago when my Sprint contract ended because they were so high for just service then.i bought a Samsung III and went with Virgin Mobil. All was good until when people called me it just went to voice main. Virgin Mobil used a Sprint network but Virgin after two hours in their support hell two different people trying to get it to work, they told me we will be sending you a letter?? A LETTER I need a working phone and they hung up on me.
    Sprint now has a much better pricing so the next morning I went to a Sprint store bought another iPhone the 6. I also went to BestBuy and bought a THULE tough case for my iPhone6, So far it's been so much better then my Samsung as far as connection go's, don't understand why now the signal whit Sprint is so much stronger then Virgins that alsi used the Sprint carrier.
    I remember my old iPhone4 had a great signal with Sprint, and the phone never had a problem, my Samsung phone many times would be off, I think it all had to do with a poor signal. I found out phone loses signal it just turns itself off. Yeah walking around with a dead phone and not knowing it.
    Well so far I am glad to be back with Apple and Sprint.
    D.C.

5. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

My iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB is doing just great like the first day I bought it in September 2014. I have it jailbroken and I use AT&T.

6. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Not a fan of AT&T understand they are now charging people to activate there new phones what a ripoff,Sprint activated my for free,
    And my wife has AT&T and gets many calls from people trying to sell her stuff,and after 2 years still people trying to contact some one who had the number before.

7. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I agree. I don't like the greed of AT&T, and now they are charging $45 to upgrade. It is just another way to squeeze more money out of their customers. I have always used them and I have unlimited data. Also, I get great coverage from AT&T where I live.

8. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I agree if you are getting good coverage and AT&T has a powerful net work, staying with them is a good choice. I was with Sprint for over 20+ years,at the end of my last contract they were higher in cost then other carriers,they would not cut me any savings. So I sold my old iPhone4 back to BestBuy for $100 got $50 off the Samgeng GalaxyIII phone package with the non contract Virgin Mobil plan. $60 a Month Plus around $350 out of pocket for phone. All was good till there signal that was always poor,just stopped making the trip to my phone. I could call out but every inbound call ended in voile mail. Virgin was zero help. So back to Sprint $60+taxs and $25 rent on the iPhone 64gb phone, end of contract I can get a new phone, just keep on trucking along. Only extra item is I bought a $13 Month insurance policy I can drop anytime I wish.
    Anyway just happy to be back with a carrier I can trust to be online when I need my phone,and glad to be back with an iPhone.

I did learn something even as Virgin Mobil used Sprint towers,they did not get the same strong bandwidth, this was the reason, I many times found my Samsung GalaxyIII just dead and needing a reboot. No signal found after a while Samsung phones will shut off to save battery.

9. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I've had my 6+ since day one and it's holding up great. I am also on sprint and could not be happier with not only the service but customer service (pretty much always in LTE anywhere I go locally.) . I've had mine cased pretty much it's entire life so it's still brand spanking new looking.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Mine looks brand new.

11. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Very happy with Sprints signal strength, not happy sprint keeps sending me sales messages hey I have only had the iPhone6 and a Sprint plan a week. Give me a break Sprint.
    What i don't like about Apple is how they force one to jump over large rocks,when transferring a movie or picture file. Having to use iTunes is not a simple task, as just copying and pasting in an Android device. Maybe in iOS9 Apple will allow copy and pasting to be done on the iPhones.
    Anyway I had an Apple iPhone4 and Sprint a whole back so i knew what was in store for me.

12. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Mine is pristine. Not a mark on it and I never used any sort of case to protect it. Very well built and durable.
    I've always been happy with Apple products. And the function is great as well. No complaints here.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you ever feel the need for a case? I don't have a front case on mine now, only a back case. For me it'd be hard to use it while walking around etc with it being "naked".

14. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

3GS, 5, and now the 6. Only a back case on the 3GS and it was the case which scratched the plastic back of the 3GS. The 5 did have a small scratch on a corner but I've never seen a scratch on any of the screens.

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I see. I've been fortunate to not have any scratches of any sort. I've had the 3GS, and then the 4, 5, 6+. I used cheap cases to begin with, then I continued with the Otterbox Defender, but now with my iPhone 6+ I just have a clear back case.

16. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

And no, I never feel the need for a full time case. It goes naked into my belt phone holder but that's it for when I'm out and about. I do have a leather sleeve which I use at home on the weekends, but when using the phone it's always nude.

17. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Same goes for my iPad. Always naked.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A lot of people coming from Android assume we are tied to iTunes. You don't need to use iTunes for this stuff. There are apps that let you transfer movies to the phone. It's a really simple process. I use Air Video HD. My movies are immediately available on my phone for streaming the moment they finish downloading, and it works with any file type. If I want to download them to the phone for offline playback, I save them to the device with through the app.

This will also work if you rip them instead of downloading them. Just put the file in the Air Video HD app folder on your computer.

19. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Maybe i am not making what i want clear,i don't want online videos i am wanting to get my own home made videos from my computer to my iPhone.

20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I am just as in love with my iPhone 6+ now as the day I purchased it in September. This is the best iPhone ever for me. I'm looking forward to the next iteration of the 6+ S.

I have no complaints about my iPhone 6+. I'm still on the first one I purchased not like with iPhones past I would always end up getting them changed out for one reason or another, but with this one I have not needed to do that at all. Solidly built and so far, problem free.

My carrier is AT&T and they have their hiccups but the minimal problems haven't impacted me so far. Nothing major yet. My main concern with AT&T is the coverage, the billing and dropped calls. My coverage is awesome, my bill is the exact same every month and that means a lot because with my previous carrier it was different every month and they ended up giving me over $500 because of overbilling. They were crooks. So far I can count that I have had about three dropped calls with my iPhone 6+. It's so infrequent that it's barely worth mentioning.

So, I Absolutely Adore my iPhone 6 Plus and have had no hardware, or major software issues with it from day one.