Now it's receiving mail in the inbox but as soon as I open

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Flyingstar, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

The inbox the mail diapears???? it does not go to trash or POP folders????

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Set fetch to 15 minutes or your choice. Do not set it set on manually. Go to Settings >Mail,Contacts and Calendar > Fetch New Data > scroll down and set accordingly.
    Here's how mine is set. It works perfectly.
    [​IMG]

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to switch it from POP to IMAP to prevent it from being deleted from the server after opening. Change the settings on your computer. What type of account is it? iCloud doesn't support POP.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Wow. That's a lot of accounts for your phone to check. Why not forward a bunch of them to one Gmail account? Consolidating them should improve battery life.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've been thinking of something like that.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You could consolidate your Outlook and Comcast accounts into one. And simply call it Outcast. :D

7. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Interesting. I have six email accounts, including an iCloud account and several Gmail ones. I looked at my battery stats and email accounts for 11% of my battery usage. Forwarding some of those accounts to one Gmail account is a slick idea. I may give it a try.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

With all I have, mine is around 4%. I did delete my Wife's 2 accounts. I no longer needed those. I have 2 other accounts I really don't use much.

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I have an old college email account that is useless except for getting me a 20% discount on Verizon. And I get my mother in law's email because she has no clue how to use it but insists on having it. I can't delete them but they don't have any real activity on a regular basis. Three other accounts get a lot of activity.