Now that I'm "jailbroken"...

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi guys,

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a nuisance, but it's 12:30 in the morning and I'm up because I just jailbroke my iPhone with ZiPhone! It's nice!

I've figured out the Summerboard situation, but do have a few questions:

1. Is there any program or anyway to delete the factory icons on the iPhone? Or, do I just have to push them onto a new page? I really don't need the "Stock" icon and the "Notes" etc.

2. I've installed the JTRWallace theme, and it's neat! Is there a way to add a custom background to these themes? This theme is just a black background.

Thanks for your time guys!

--
Shane H

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Welcome to the world of jailbreaking. Lots of info on this site... do check out the modification and software sections of the forum.

1. There is no convenient way that I know of, even jalbroken. Just push them off to the last page.

2. In Summerboard, if you turn off "theme wallpaper" in the settings, the wallpaper you use for your unlock screen will also show on the home screen. Once you get into things a bit, it's also possible to browse those theme folders from your PC and mix-and-match icons, change wallpapers, etc. There's also a tool you can use from the phone called Customize. I'm unfamiliar with it... I've shyed away from it because it's still in beta and a bit unstable. But others use it and like it.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Thanks for your answer Dave.

Something else -- I may be looking in the completely wrong place, but in the Installer are there any chat programs that will handle AIM? Either nothing is there or I'm overlooking the category it's in...

Thanks!

--
Shane H

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Install customize, It's awesome.........

Add this source ----------- http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
Under categories go to ipod touched, and install Modded Customize.
After your phone restarts, tap customize icon.
This sounds crazy, but when it opens, tap all over screen.
It may crash 1 or 2 times, when it stays open, your good.
Then in categories, go to Themes (customize).
And install whatever you want.

Good Luck.......:cool:

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Thanks for your answer Dave.

Something else -- I may be looking in the completely wrong place, but in the Installer are there any chat programs that will handle AIM? Either nothing is there or I'm overlooking the category it's in...

Thanks!

--
Shane H
In categories, go to sources, and install community sources.
Gives you more apps to pick from.