Now that update in iTunes is 1.3 are we hooped for 1.2?

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hi All,
I used wildonrio's post and approach to going from 1.1 to 1.2 about a month or so ago. Everything was working fine but then my iPhone brainfarted and all heck broke loose. I decided to restore yada, yada. The problem I am facing, unless someone knows another way, is that you had to upgrade to 1.2 not restore. Now that iTunes update is to 1.3 I am stuck. So I have gotten to unlocked 1.1, ran oktoprep and then restored to 1.2. Of course that erases oktpprep and hoops the unlock process. Does anyone know of where you can get the 1.2 version in an upgrade and not a restore? Or is there another way to unlock without having the oktoprep in 1.1. I hope I am making sense and I am desperate for help. UPDATE Now I am having trouble even getting the version 1.1 to unluck using the jailbreakme.com method and apptap. Firstly, If I have restored to 1.1 I would select 1.1 in apptapp then I would get the emergency swipe screen. I would follow the steps, get to the jailbreakme site and now nothing is happening, wtf man !
Any help.
Thanks in advance.
Todd

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
download THIS and follow the readme file. I ran into a bunch of trouble a couple of months ago trying to jailbreak 1.1.1... so i gave it up until the 1.1.2 jailbreak came out, and it worked great. sometimes weird stuff just happens with the jailbreakme url, i think.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
also if you need more help (although i think you may have seen this thread already), check out the walkthrough posted by chris716 in the linked page in my signature\/.