Now that you have an iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
...what else would you hope makes it under the tree this holiday? An iPhone accessory? Or you, like me, really just don't care - (you already have the ultimate holiday gift!)?

And if you don't have an iPhone yet, are you hoping for that little black box housing "the greatest invention in modern history" (or whatever that guy in the iPhone commercial called it)?

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Well. I couldn't really ask for an iPhone accessory considering i don't really need much more than the basics, but i am getting a 24" iMac!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I WANT A REAL PORTABLE CHARGER that works

If somebody could come out with a portable charger for the iPhone (I tried several iPod chargers and even the Seidio made-for-iphone charger, and NOTHING works!), I'd want it.
In fact, most of them cause the battery to lose power at an accelerated rate. I was stuck at the Epcot center with my battery at less than 5% and still managed to take over 20 pictures of the fireworks. But that was close...

Last edited by a moderator:

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
I hope to find a Blackberry Curve under the tree so I can send MMS, IM, and download third party apps so I have something to go with my $600 iPhone.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I am getting my hubby an iPhone for xmas along with a gift card to go back to the Apple store and buy what ever extras he wants to go with it. That is about all he is getting besides a few clothing items.

He will be 100% surprised and has NO clue that he is getting this. He begged for one when they first come out and I just shrugged it off as he was crazy. Since then he has pouted a couple of times that he would really love one but I kept saying you can wait until they have been out a year. He even mentioned that he would get one for his birthday in April. He truly has ZERO clue.

My plan is to have him open all his other presents first then let the iPhone be last. Because if I give it to him FIRST and then the other presents then he will not pay them any attention. LOL

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
If somebody could come out with a portable charger for the iPhone (I tried several iPod chargers and even the Seidio made-for-iphone charger, and NOTHING works!), I'd want it.
In fact, most of them cause the battery to lose power at an accelerated rate. I was stuck at the Epcot center with my battery at less than 5% and still managed to take over 20 pictures of the fireworks. But that was close...
Can you please specify which of our chargers you were having a problem with?

Thanks

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I am getting my hubby an iPhone for xmas along with a gift card to go back to the Apple store and buy what ever extras he wants to go with it. That is about all he is getting besides a few clothing items.

He will be 100% surprised and has NO clue that he is getting this. He begged for one when they first come out and I just shrugged it off as he was crazy. Since then he has pouted a couple of times that he would really love one but I kept saying you can wait until they have been out a year. He even mentioned that he would get one for his birthday in April. He truly has ZERO clue.

My plan is to have him open all his other presents first then let the iPhone be last. Because if I give it to him FIRST and then the other presents then he will not pay them any attention. LOL
You are indeed a very special uber wife. Remind your husband that all of us other guys are extremely jealous of him to have such a thoughtful and caring wife. Give him the iPhone last, then a back rub and s3x. He'll be yours forever.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
A second iPhone so mine can have a companion and maybe create lots of more phones.

Oh the sounds of tiny circuits running across the hard floors.
lmfao XD

and to geo:
after i read the title of the thread, then saw your picture... lets just say i don't recommend that under the tree :p

and to the amazing lady giving her husband an iPhone, gift card, AND clothes... adopt me! i am young and somewhat house-broken..(sometimes i miss)

:3

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
lmfao XD

and to geo:
after i read the title of the thread, then saw your picture... lets just say i don't recommend that under the tree :p

and to the amazing lady giving her husband an iPhone, gift card, AND clothes... adopt me! i am young and somewhat house-broken..(sometimes i miss)

:3

lol I think I have enough on my hands so adoption is out of the question. I have to deal with my hubby missing from time to time! :eek: He is all I can handle!

And thanks lester your sweet. ;)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

I hate to rain on your parade SportyChick, but I hope your hubby is not a lurker in this forum already. A lot of people who would like to have an iPhone do check out this very popular site regularly and that avatar of yours is, for want of a better term, a dead giveaway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that he's truly surprised when he gets the iPhone on Xmas day. :)

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Well, the one that works great for me is the Chargepod with its optional car charger adapter.

http://www.callpod.com/products/chargepod

I use the Chargepod on my desk for my family's iPhones, iPods, Palm T/X, and Bluetooth headsets. Then when I hit the road I attach the car charger and, voila, they all can charge en route.

A little pricey for all the adapters I have but it works.

Last edited by a moderator: