Now the new iPhone 6S is ordered what about protection?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Billybobvi

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
I ordered my iPhone 6+ this morning with a delivery date of 9/25. Now I want to seek out protection for my new investment. Will the protection (cases and screen protectors) out there now for the iPhone 6 and 6+ fit the S models? Thanks in advance.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Leather Apple cases are my favorite. That's all I've used on my iPhone 6. They're minimalistic and stylish, won't interfere with docks or aftermarket cables, add just the right amount of grip, allow you to still see some of the aluminum color of the phone and they are surprisingly protective.

I ordered the two new colors that they made this year, rose grey and saddle brown, and also got a new midnight blue for my 6s. They'll be delivered today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I also got a saddle brown leather case in addition to my black leather, brown leather, and white silicone cases (ugh, can't believe I've spent $160 on cases). I agree with europa that the leather cases are pretty much perfect. The silicone cases are a bit too sticky for me - makes it kind of annoying to put in/take out of pockets.

I can't wait to see how the saddle brown case ages. If it's anything like the darker brown, we should see some coloration within a couple weeks.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I thought the Apple Leather cases were a little to bulky for my liking. Of course I have the 6+ so it might have had something to do with it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I thought the Apple Leather cases were a little to bulky for my liking. Of course I have the 6+ so it might have had something to do with it.
Odd, I find them to be among the slimmest cases out there. The only thinner case I've had in the past was an incipio feather which was almost paper thin.