Now the new iPhone 6S is ordered what about protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Billybobvi, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Billybobvi

Billybobvi Member
    Bronze

I ordered my iPhone 6+ this morning with a delivery date of 9/25. Now I want to seek out protection for my new investment. Will the protection (cases and screen protectors) out there now for the iPhone 6 and 6+ fit the S models? Thanks in advance.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Check out this earlier post by @Napoleon PhoneApart :

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I got an i-blason clear case which is scratch resistant from Amazon.

5. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I got mine delivered Saturday. Going with the Magpul field case again. Just works for me.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Leather Apple cases are my favorite. That's all I've used on my iPhone 6. They're minimalistic and stylish, won't interfere with docks or aftermarket cables, add just the right amount of grip, allow you to still see some of the aluminum color of the phone and they are surprisingly protective.

I ordered the two new colors that they made this year, rose grey and saddle brown, and also got a new midnight blue for my 6s. They'll be delivered today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I also got a saddle brown leather case in addition to my black leather, brown leather, and white silicone cases (ugh, can't believe I've spent $160 on cases). I agree with europa that the leather cases are pretty much perfect. The silicone cases are a bit too sticky for me - makes it kind of annoying to put in/take out of pockets.

I can't wait to see how the saddle brown case ages. If it's anything like the darker brown, we should see some coloration within a couple weeks.

8. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I thought the Apple Leather cases were a little to bulky for my liking. Of course I have the 6+ so it might have had something to do with it.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I ordered an Otterbox Commuter at a price I couldn't pass up. $28.55. for the 6s Plus. I'll pick up Applecare+ asap.

10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Odd, I find them to be among the slimmest cases out there. The only thinner case I've had in the past was an incipio feather which was almost paper thin.

11. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Thanks for that link. I just ordered one. It looks interesting. I want thin but I would like a kick stand for it.

13. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

Just got my catalyst plus size for my silver 128 6s+